NGOs and the Political Empowerment of Poor People in Rural Bangladesh: Cultivating the Habits of Democracy?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shahidur R. Khandker, 2005.
"Microfinance and Poverty: Evidence Using Panel Data from Bangladesh,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 263-286.
- Khandker, Shahidur R., 2003. "Microfinance and poverty - evidence using panel data from Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2945, The World Bank.
- Gerard Clarke, 1998. "Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and Politics in the Developing World," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 46(1), pages 36-52, March.
- Bratton, Michael, 1989. "The politics of government-NGO relations in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 569-587, April.
- repec:pri:rpdevs:morduch_microfinance_poor is not listed on IDEAS
- David Roodman & Jonathan Morduch, 2014.
"The Impact of Microcredit on the Poor in Bangladesh: Revisiting the Evidence,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(4), pages 583-604, April.
- David Roodman & Jonathan Morduch, 2009. "The Impact of Microcredit on the Poor in Bangladesh: Revisiting the Evidence," Working Papers 174, Center for Global Development.
- Richard Montgomery, 1996. "Disciplining or protecting the poor? Avoiding the social costs of peer pressure in micro-credit schemes," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(2), pages 289-305.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lucy Scott, 2015. "Raising voice or giving assets? Reducing extreme poverty in an uncertain environment: A case study from Bangladesh," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 21315, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Banks, Nicola & Hulme, David & Edwards, Michael, 2015. "NGOs, States, and Donors Revisited: Still Too Close for Comfort?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 707-718.
- Torpey-Saboe, Nichole, 2015. "Does NGO Presence Decrease Government Spending? A Look at Municipal Spending on Social Services in Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 479-488.
- repec:spr:jglont:v:7:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40497-017-0077-z is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsNGOs; social mobilization; microfinance; grassroots democracy; Asia; Bangladesh;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:40:y:2012:i:10:p:2044-2062. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.