Trust in Lending: Social Capital and Joint Liability Seed Loans in Southern Zambia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Conning, Jonathan & Kevane, Michael, 2002. "Community-Based Targeting Mechanisms for Social Safety Nets: A Critical Review," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 375-394, March.
- van den Brink, Rogier & Chavas, Jean-Paul, 1997. "The Microeconomics of an Indigenous African Institution: The Rotating Savings and Credit Association," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(4), pages 745-772, July.
- Narayan, Deepa & Pritchett, Lant, 1999.
"Cents and Sociability: Household Income and Social Capital in Rural Tanzania,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(4), pages 871-897, July.
- Narayan, Deepa & Pritchett, Lant, 1997. "Cents and sociability : household income and social capital in rural Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1796, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luminita Postelnicu & Niels Hermes & Roselia Servin Juarez, 2015. "Social Capital and the Repayment of Microfinance Group Lending. A Case Study of Pro Mujer Mexico," Working Papers CEB 15-023, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jonathan Kaminski & Alban Thomas, 2011.
"Land Use, Production Growth, and the Institutional Environment of Smallholders: Evidence from Burkinabè Cotton Farmers,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 87(1), pages 160-182.
- Kaminski, Jonathan & Thomas, Alban, 2010. "Land Use, Production Growth, and the Institutional Environment of Smallholders: Evidence from Burkinabe Cotton Farmers," Discussion Papers 93136, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Dufhues, Thomas & Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Quoc, Hoang Dinh & Munkung, Nuchanata, 2011. "Social capital and loan repayment performance in Southeast Asia," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 679-691.
- Elvin Afandi & Nazim Habibov, 2016.
"Social trust and use of banking services across households in 28 transitional countries,"
International Journal of Social Economics,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 43(4), pages 431-443, April.
- Afandi, Elvin & Habibov, Nazim, 2012. "Social trust and use of banking services across households in 28 transitional countries," MPRA Paper 46997, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luminita Postelnicu & Niels Hermes & Ariane Szafarz, 2013. "Defining Social Collateral in Microfinance Group Lending," Working Papers CEB 13-050, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kasarjyan, Milada, 2011. "Improving the functioning of the rural financial markets of Armenia," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 62, number 62.
- Katarzyna Burzynska & Olle Berggren, 2015.
"The Impact of Social Beliefs on Microfinance Performance,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(7), pages 1074-1097, October.
- Berggren , Olle & Burzynska, Katarzyna, 2014. "The Impact of Social Beliefs on Microfinance Performance," Knut Wicksell Working Paper Series 2014/5, Lund University, Knut Wicksell Centre for Financial Studies.
- Gershman, Boris, 2016.
"Witchcraft beliefs and the erosion of social capital: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa and beyond,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 182-208.
- Boris Gershman, 2015. "Witchcraft Beliefs and the Erosion of Social Capital: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa and Beyond," Working Papers 2015-03, American University, Department of Economics.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Goodell, John W. & Selleck, Lauren J., 2015. "Lending to women in microfinance: Role of social trust," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 55-65.
- Agier, Isabelle & Ly, Antarou & Kadio, Kadidiatou & Kouanda, Seni & Ridde, Valéry, 2016. "Endorsement of universal health coverage financial principles in Burkina Faso," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 157-166.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Nagarajan, Latha & Salau, Sheu & Oyekale, Abayomi, 2010. "Nigerian farmersâ€™ preferences on the timing of the purchase of rice, cowpea, and maize seeds:," NSSP working papers 20, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Thomas Dufhues & Gertrud Buchenrieder & Hoang Dinh Quoc, 2012. "Social capital and loan repayment performance in Northern Vietnam," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(3), pages 277-292, May.
- Khonje, Makaiko & Manda, Julius & Alene, Arega D. & Kassie, Menale, 2015. "Analysis of Adoption and Impacts of Improved Maize Varieties in Eastern Zambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 695-706.
- Luminita Postelnicu, 2012. "Social Capital and Repayment Performance of Group Lending in Microfinance," Working Papers CEB 12-032, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Alvin Etang, 2008. "Modelling the Effects of Socio-Economic Characteristics on Survey Trust: Empirical Evidence from Cameroon," Working Papers 0808, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2008.
- Mladovsky, Philipa & Mossialos, Elias, 2008. "A Conceptual Framework for Community-Based Health Insurance in Low-Income Countries: Social Capital and Economic Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 590-607, April.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:99:y:2017:i:c:p:441-451 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chamberlin, Jordan & Jayne, T.S., 2013. "Unpacking the Meaning of ‘Market Access’: Evidence from Rural Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 245-264.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:34:y:2006:i:10:p:1788-1807. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.