Marital violence, human development and women's property status in India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rao, Vijayendra, 1997. "Wife-beating in rural South India: A qualitative and econometric analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 1169-1180, April.
- Ellsberg, Mary & Peña, Rodolfo & Herrera, Andrés & Liljestrand, Jerker & Winkvist, Anna, 2000. "Candies in hell: women's experiences of violence in Nicaragua," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(11), pages 1595-1610, December.
- Pradeep Kumar Panda, 2003. "Rights-based strategies in the prevention of domestic violence," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 344, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Maman, Suzanne & Campbell, Jacquelyn & Sweat, Michael D. & Gielen, Andrea C., 2000. "The intersections of HIV and violence: directions for future research and interventions," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 459-478, February.
- Martha Nussbaum, 2003. "Capabilities As Fundamental Entitlements: Sen And Social Justice," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2-3), pages 33-59.
- Francis Bloch & Vijayendra Rao, 2002.
"Terror as a Bargaining Instrument: A Case Study of Dowry Violence in Rural India,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 1029-1043, September.
- Bloch, Francis & Rao, Vijayendra, 1999. "Terror as a Bargaining Instrument : A Case-Study of Dowry Violence in Rural India," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1999020, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Bloch, Francis & Rao, Vijayendra, 2000. "Terror as a bargaining instrument : a case study of dowry violence in rural India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2347, The World Bank.
- Bina Agarwal, 1997. "''Bargaining'' and Gender Relations: Within and Beyond the Household," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1-51.
- A. Geske Dijkstra & Lucia Hanmer, 2000. "Measuring Socio-Economic GENDER Inequality: Toward an Alternative to the UNDP Gender-Related Development Index," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 41-75.
- Helen V. Tauchen & Ann Dryden Witte & Sharon K. Long, 1985. "Domestic Violence: A Non-random Affair," NBER Working Papers 1665, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heise, Lori L. & Raikes, Alanagh & Watts, Charlotte H. & Zwi, Anthony B., 1994. "Violence against women: A neglected public health issue in less developed countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1165-1179, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:33:y:2005:i:5:p:823-850. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.