Marital violence, human development and women's property status in India
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martha Nussbaum, 2003. "Capabilities As Fundamental Entitlements: Sen And Social Justice," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2-3), pages 33-59.
- Heise, Lori L. & Raikes, Alanagh & Watts, Charlotte H. & Zwi, Anthony B., 1994. "Violence against women: A neglected public health issue in less developed countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1165-1179, November.
- Helen V. Tauchen & Ann Dryden Witte & Sharon K. Long, 1985. "Domestic Violence: A Non-random Affair," NBER Working Papers 1665, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ellsberg, Mary & Peña, Rodolfo & Herrera, Andrés & Liljestrand, Jerker & Winkvist, Anna, 2000. "Candies in hell: women's experiences of violence in Nicaragua," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(11), pages 1595-1610, December.
- A. Geske Dijkstra & Lucia Hanmer, 2000. "Measuring Socio-Economic GENDER Inequality: Toward an Alternative to the UNDP Gender-Related Development Index," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 41-75.
- Francis Bloch & Vijayendra Rao, 2002.
"Terror as a Bargaining Instrument: A Case Study of Dowry Violence in Rural India,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 1029-1043, September.
- Bloch, Francis & Rao, Vijayendra, 2000. "Terror as a bargaining instrument : a case study of dowry violence in rural India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2347, The World Bank.
- Bloch, Francis & Rao, Vijayendra, 1999. "Terror as a Bargaining Instrument : A Case-Study of Dowry Violence in Rural India," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1999020, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Maman, Suzanne & Campbell, Jacquelyn & Sweat, Michael D. & Gielen, Andrea C., 2000. "The intersections of HIV and violence: directions for future research and interventions," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 459-478, February.
- Bina Agarwal, 1997. "''Bargaining'' and Gender Relations: Within and Beyond the Household," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1-51.
- Pradeep Kumar Panda, 2003. "Rights-based strategies in the prevention of domestic violence," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 344, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Rao, Vijayendra, 1997. "Wife-beating in rural South India: A qualitative and econometric analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 1169-1180, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:33:y:2005:i:5:p:823-850. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.