Corruption in Public Service Delivery: Experience from South Asia's Water and Sanitation Sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:80:y:1986:i:01:p:107-119_18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ebrahim, Alnoor, 2003. "Accountability In Practice: Mechanisms for NGOs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 813-829, May.
- Vijay Jagannathan, N., 1986. "Corruption, delivery systems, and property rights," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 127-132, January.
- Wade, Robert, 1985. "The market for public office: Why the Indian state is not better at development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 467-497, April.
- Lui, Francis T, 1985. "An Equilibrium Queuing Model of Bribery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(4), pages 760-781, August.
- Paolo Mauro, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anwar, Sajid & Cooray, Arusha, 2012. "Financial development, political rights, civil liberties and economic growth: Evidence from South Asia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 974-981.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Straub, Stéphane & Flochel, Thomas, 2016.
"Public Procurement and Rent-Seeking: The Case of Paraguay,"
Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 395-407.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Flochel, Thomas & Straub, Stéphane, 2011. "Public Procurement and Rent-Seeking: The Case of Paraguay," CEPR Discussion Papers 8282, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Flochel, Thomas & Straub, Stéphane, 2011. "Public Procurement and Rent-Seeking: The Case of Paraguay," IDEI Working Papers 661, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Flochel, Thomas & Straub, Stéphane, 2011. "Public Procurement and Rent-Seeking: The Case of Paraguay," TSE Working Papers 11-224, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Mar 2015.
- Lobina, Emanuele & Hall, David, 2007. "Experience with private sector participation in Grenoble, France, and lessons on strengthening public water operations," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 93-109, June.
- Brunner, Norbert & Lele, Ashwini & Starkl, Markus & Grassini, Laura, 2010. "Water sector reform policy of India: Experiences from case studies in Maharashtra," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 544-561, July.
- Anna Balsevich & Elena Podkolzina, 2014. "Indicators Of Corruption In Public Procurement: The Example Of Russian Regions," HSE Working papers WP BRP 76/EC/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Herrera, Veronica, 2014. "Does Commercialization Undermine the Benefits of Decentralization for Local Services Provision? Evidence from Mexico’s Urban Water and Sanitation Sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 16-31.
- Whittington, Dale & Hanemann, W. Michael, 2006. "The Economic Costs and Benefits of Investments in Municipal Water and Sanitation Infrastructure: A Global Perspective," CUDARE Working Papers 7159, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Govind Gopakumar, 2014. "Experiments and Counter-Experiments in the Urban Laboratory of Water- Supply Partnerships in India," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 393-412, March.
- Eduardo Araral & Yahua Wang, 2013. "Water Governance 2.0: A Review and Second Generation Research Agenda," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 27(11), pages 3945-3957, September.
- Hulya Dagdeviren & Simon A. Robertson, 2009. "Access to Water in the Slums of the Developing World," Working Papers 57, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Gershberg, Alec Ian & González, Pablo Alberto & Meade, Ben, 2012. "Understanding and Improving Accountability in Education: A Conceptual Framework and Guideposts from Three Decentralization Reform Experiences in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 1024-1041.
- Winters, Matthew S. & Karim, Abdul Gaffar & Martawardaya, Berly, 2014. "Public Service Provision under Conditions of Insufficient Citizen Demand: Insights from the Urban Sanitation Sector in Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 31-42.
- Philippe Marin, 2009. "Public-Private Partnerships for Urban Water Utilities : A Review of Experiences in Developing Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2703, December.
- Headey, Derek D. & Palloni, Giordano, 2018. "Water, sanitation and child health: Evidence from subnational panel data in 59 countries," IFPRI discussion papers 1753, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Taniguchi, Mariko & Kaneko, Shinji, 2009. "Operational performance of the Bangladesh rural electrification program and its determinants with a focus on political interference," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2433-2439, June.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:105:y:2018:i:c:p:171-188 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charles Kenny, 2009. "Measuring Corruption in Infrastructure: Evidence from Transition and Developing Countries," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(3), pages 314-332.
- Molle, Francois & Closas, Alvar, 2017. "Groundwater governance: a synthesis. [Project report of the Groundwater Governance in the Arab World - Taking Stock and Addressing the Challenges]," IWMI Reports 273351, International Water Management Institute.
- Oana Matilda SABIE, 2012. "Corruption in the Water Sector," REVISTA ADMINISTRATIE SI MANAGEMENT PUBLIC, Faculty of Administration and Public Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 2012(19), pages 85-96, December.
- Jean-Daniel Rinaudo & Bernard Barraqué, 2015. "Inter-basin transfers as a supply option: the end of an era?," Post-Print hal-01183852, HAL.
- Crow, Ben & Odaba, Edmond, 2009. "Scarce, costly and uncertain: water access in Kibera, Nairobi," Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, Working Paper Series qt8c10s316, Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, UC Santa Cruz.
- Sajid Bashir & Misbah Nasir & Saira Qayyum & Ambreen Bashir, 2012. "Dimensionality of Counterproductive Work Behaviors in Public Sector Organizations of Pakistan," Public Organization Review, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 357-366, December.
- World Bank, 2008. "The Political Economy of Policy Reform : Issues and Implications for Policy Dialogue and Development Operations," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7782, The World Bank.
- Norbert Brunner & Vijay Mishra & Ponnusamy Sakthivel & Markus Starkl & Christof Tschohl, 2015. "The Human Right to Water in Law and Implementation," Laws, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(3), pages 1-59, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:32:y:2004:i:1:p:53-71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.