Whose Voices? Whose Choices? Reflections on Gender and Participatory Development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jackson, Cecile, 1996. "Rescuing gender from the poverty trap," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 489-504, March.
- Lind, Amy, 1997. "Gender, development and urban social change: Women's community action in global cities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1205-1223, August.
- Pretty, Jules N., 1995. "Participatory learning for sustainable agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1247-1263, August.
- Cohen, John M. & Uphoff, Norman T., 1980. "Participation's place in rural development: Seeking clarity through specificity," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 213-235, March.
- Wieringa, S.E., 1998. "Rethinking gender planning : a critical discussion of the use of the concept of gender," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19023, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Green, Kathryn E. & Lund, Jens Friis, 2015. "The politics of expertise in participatory forestry: a case from Tanzania," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 27-34.
- James Sumberg & John Thompson & Philip Woodhouse, 2013. "Why agronomy in the developing world has become contentious," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 30(1), pages 71-83, March.
- repec:spr:jenvss:v:7:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s13412-017-0423-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Kohlin, Gunnar & Sills, Erin O. & Pattanayak, Subhrendu K. & Wilfong, Christopher, 2011. "Energy, gender and development: what are the linkages ? where is the evidence ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5800, The World Bank.
- Andy Sumner & Richard Mallett, 2013. "Capturing Multidimensionality: What does a Human Wellbeing Conceptual Framework Add to the Analysis of Vulnerability?," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 113(2), pages 671-690, September.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:98:y:2017:i:c:p:325-337 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:12:p:2346-:d:123042 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shannon Sutton, 2012. "Add Producers and Stir? (Re) politicizing Fairtrade participation," Working Papers 38, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Maria Torri, 2012. "Mainstreaming local health through herbal gardens in India: a tool to enhance women active agency and primary health care?," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 389-406, June.
- Hickey, Gráinne & McGilloway, Sinead & O’Brien, Morgan & Leckey, Yvonne & Devlin, Maurice, 2015. "A theory-based evaluation of a community-based funding scheme in a disadvantaged suburban city area," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 61-69.
- Arcand, Jean-Louis & Wagner, Natascha, 2016. "Does Community-Driven Development Improve Inclusiveness in Peasant Organizations? – Evidence from Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 105-124.
- repec:spr:infosf:v:11:y:2009:i:2:d:10.1007_s10796-009-9170-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Agrawal, Arun & Yadama, Gautam & Andrade, Raul & Bhattacharya, Ajoy, 2006. "Decentralization and environmental conservation: gender effects from participation in joint forest management," CAPRi working papers 53, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Barbara Pozzoni & Nalini Kumar, 2005. "A Review of the Literature on Participatory Approaches to Local Development for an Evaluation of the Effectiveness of World Bank Support for Community-Based and Driven Development Approaches," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 20203.
- Pascal Sanginga & Jackson Tumwine & Nina Lilja, 2006. "Patterns of participation in farmers’ research groups: Lessons from the highlands of southwestern Uganda," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 23(4), pages 501-512, December.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:96:y:2017:i:c:p:390-407 is not listed on IDEAS
- J. C. Keenan & D. L. Kemp & R. B. Ramsay, 2016. "Company–Community Agreements, Gender and Development," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 135(4), pages 607-615, June.
- Sneddon, Chris & Fox, Coleen, 2007. "Power, Development, and Institutional Change: Participatory Governance in the Lower Mekong Basin," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 2161-2181, December.
- Elizabeth Wangui, 2008. "Development interventions, changing livelihoods, and the making of female Maasai pastoralists," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 25(3), pages 365-378, September.
- Chaney, Paul, 2016. "Civil Society and Gender Mainstreaming: Empirical Evidence and Theory-Building from Twelve Post-Conflict Countries 2005–15," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 280-294.
- Wibke Crewett, 2015. "Street-Level Bureaucrats at Work: A Municipality-Level Institutional Analysis of Community-Based Natural Resource Management Implementation Practice in the Pasture Sector of Kyrgyzstan," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(3), pages 1-29, March.
- German, Laura & Mazengia, Waga & Tirwomwe, Wilberforce & Ayele, Shenkut & Tanui, Joseph & Nyangas, Simon & Begashaw, Leulseged & Taye, Hailemichael & Admassu, Zenebe & Tsegaye, Mesfin & Alinyo, Franci, 2008. "Enabling equitable collective action and policy change for poverty reduction and improved natural resource management in the Eastern African highlands:," CAPRi working papers 86, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:31:y:2003:i:8:p:1325-1342. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.