The paths to rain forest destruction: Crossnational patterns of tropical deforestation, 1975-1990
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hecht, Susanna B., 1985. "Environment, development and politics: Capital accumulation and the livestock sector in Eastern Amazonia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 663-684, June.
- Michael Greenwood, 1975. "Simultaneity bias in migration models: An empirical examination," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 12(3), pages 519-536, August.
- Douglas Southgate, 1990. "The Causes of Land Degradation along "Spontaneously" Expanding Agricultural Frontiers in the Third World," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(1), pages 93-101.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patrick Doupe, 2014. "The Costs of Error in Setting Reference Rates for Reduced Deforestation," CCEP Working Papers 1415, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Arcand, Jean-Louis & Guillaumont, Patrick & Jeanneney, Sylviane Guillaumont, 2008.
"Deforestation and the real exchange rate,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 242-262, June.
- Jean-Louis ARCAND & Patrick GUILLAUMONT & Sylviane GUILLAUMONT JEANNENEY, 2003. "Deforestation and the Real Exchange Rate," Working Papers 200332, CERDI.
- Jean-Louis Arcand & Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney & Patrick Guillaumont, 2008. "Deforestation and the Real Exchange Rate," Post-Print hal-00274384, HAL.
- Jean-Louis ARCAND & Patrick GUILLAUMONT & Sylviane GUILLAUMONT JEANNENEY, 2005. "Deforestation and the Real Exchange Rate," Working Papers 200533, CERDI.
- Jean-Louis Arcand & Patrick Guillaumont & Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney, 2011. "Deforestation and the Real Exchange Rate," Working Papers halshs-00570477, HAL.
- Felix Kalaba & Claire Quinn & Andrew Dougill, 2014. "Policy coherence and interplay between Zambia’s forest, energy, agricultural and climate change policies and multilateral environmental agreements," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 181-198, May.
- Combes, J.-L. & Combes Motel, P. & Minea, A. & Villieu, P., 2015.
"Deforestation and seigniorage in developing countries: A tradeoff?,"
Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 220-230.
- Jean-Louis COMBES & Pascale COMBES MOTEL & Alexandru MINEA & Patrick VILLIEU, 2013. "Deforestation and Seigniorage in Developing Countries: A Tradeoff?," Working Papers 201322, CERDI.
- Jean-Louis Combes & Pascale Combes Motel & Alexandru Minea & Patrick Villieu, 2015. "Deforestation and Seigniorage in Developing Countries: A Tradeoff?," Working Papers halshs-00939273, HAL.
- Jean-Louis Combes & Pascale Combes Motel & Alexandru Minea & Patrick Villieu, 2015. "Deforestation and Seigniorage in Developing Countries: A Tradeoff?," Post-Print halshs-01167201, HAL.
- Iizuka, Michiko, 2000. "Role of environmental awareness in achieving sustainable development," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 31562, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Doupe, Patrick, 2014. "The costs of error in setting reference rates for reduced deforestation," Working Papers 249497, Australian National University, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy.
- Culas, Richard J., 2012. "REDD and forest transition: Tunneling through the environmental Kuznets curve," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 44-51.
- Choumert, Johanna & Combes Motel, Pascale & Dakpo, Hervé K., 2013.
"Is the Environmental Kuznets Curve for deforestation a threatened theory? A meta-analysis of the literature,"
Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 19-28.
- Johanna Choumert & Pascale Combes Motel & K Hervé Dakpo, 2013. "Is the Environmental Kuznets Curve for deforestation a threatened theory? A meta-analysis of the literature," Post-Print halshs-00806629, HAL.
- Jean-Louis COMBES & Pascale COMBES MOTEL & Philippe DELACOTE, 2014.
"Public expenses, credit and natural capital: Substitution or complementarity?,"
- Jean-Louis Combes & Pascale Combes Motel & Philippe Delacote, 2014. "Public expenses, credit and natural capital: Substitution or complementarity?," Working Papers halshs-00979191, HAL.
- Yasuyuki Todo & Ryo Takahashi, 2013.
"Impact Of Farmer Field Schools On Agricultural Income And Skills: Evidence From An Aid‐Funded Project In Rural Ethiopia,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(3), pages 362-381, April.
- Todo, Yasuyuki & Takahashi, Ryo, 2011. "Impact of Farmer Field Schools on Agricultural Income and Skills: Evidence from an Aid-Funded Project in Rural Ethiopia," Working Papers 30, JICA Research Institute.
- Leblois, Antoine & Damette, Olivier & Wolfersberger, Julien, 2017. "What has Driven Deforestation in Developing Countries Since the 2000s? Evidence from New Remote-Sensing Data," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 82-102.
- Reetz, Sunny W.H. & Schwarze, Stefan & Brümmer, Bernhard, 2012. "Poverty and Tropical Deforestation by Smallholders in Forest Margin Areas: Evidence from Central Sulawesi, Indonesia," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126326, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Köthke, Margret & Leischner, Bettina & Elsasser, Peter, 2013. "Uniform global deforestation patterns — An empirical analysis," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 23-37.
- Indarto, Jarot & Mutaqin, Dadang J., 2016. "An overview of theoretical and empirical studies on deforestation," MPRA Paper 70178, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bhattarai, Madhusudan & Hammig, Michael, 2001. "Institutions and the Environmental Kuznets Curve for Deforestation: A Crosscountry Analysis for Latin America, Africa and Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 995-1010, June.
- Shi, Miaoying & Yin, Runsheng & Lv, Hongdi, 2017. "An empirical analysis of the driving forces of forest cover change in northeast China," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 78-87.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:25:y:1997:i:1:p:53-65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.