A utility-based travel impedance measure for public transit network accessibility
A utility-based travel impedance measure is developed for public transit modes that is capable of capturing the passengers’ behaviour and their subjective perceptions of impedance when travelling in the transit networks. The proposed measure is time-dependent and it estimates the realisation of the travel impedance by the community of passengers for travelling between an origin–destination (OD) pair.
Volume (Year): 88 (2016)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Owen, Andrew & Levinson, David M., 2015.
"Modeling the commute mode share of transit using continuous accessibility to jobs,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 110-122.
- Andrew Owen & David Levinson, 2013. "Modeling the Commute Mode Share of Transit Using Continuous Accessibility to Jobs," Working Papers 000115, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Cervero, Robert & Rood, Timothy & Appleyard, Bruce, 1995. "Job Accessibility as a Performance Indicator: An Analysis of Trends and Their Social Policy Implications in the San Francisco Bay Area," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt6mp941d9, University of California Transportation Center.
- G H Pirie, 1979. "Measuring accessibility: a review and proposal," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 11(3), pages 299-312, March.
- S L Handy & D A Niemeier, 1997. "Measuring accessibility: an exploration of issues and alternatives," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(7), pages 1175-1194, July.
- G H Pirie, 1979. "Measuring Accessibility: A Review and Proposal," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 11(3), pages 299-312, March.
- Neema Nassir & Mark Hickman & Zhen-Liang Ma, 2015. "Activity detection and transfer identification for public transit fare card data," Transportation, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 683-705, July.
- Raveau, Sebastián & Muñoz, Juan Carlos & de Grange, Louis, 2011. "A topological route choice model for metro," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 138-147, February.
- Murray, Alan T., 2001. "Strategic analysis of public transport coverage," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 175-188, September.
- Anthony Chen & Chao Yang & Sirisak Kongsomsaksakul & Ming Lee, 2007. "Network-based Accessibility Measures for Vulnerability Analysis of Degradable Transportation Networks," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 241-256, September.
- Guo, Zhan & Wilson, Nigel H.M., 2011. "Assessing the cost of transfer inconvenience in public transport systems: A case study of the London Underground," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 91-104, February.
- S L Handy & D A Niemeier, 1997. "Measuring Accessibility: An Exploration of Issues and Alternatives," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 29(7), pages 1175-1194, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:88:y:2016:i:c:p:26-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.