Can the poor afford mobile telephony? Evidence from Latin America
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yamakawa, Peter & Rees, Gareth H. & Manuel Salas, José & Alva, Nikolai, 2013. "The diffusion of mobile telephones: An empirical analysis for Peru," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 594-606.
- Peters, Kay & Albers, Sönke & Kumar, V., 2008. "Is there more to international Diffusion than Culture? An investigation on the Role of Marketing and Industry Variables," EconStor Preprints 27678, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Sarin, Ankur & Jain, Rekha, 2009. "Effect of Mobiles on Socio-economic Life of Urban Poor," IIMA Working Papers WP2009-02-05, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Gamboa, Luis Fernando, 2010.
"Strategic Uses of Mobile Phones in the BoP: Some Examples in Latin American Countries,"
REVISTA LECTURAS DE ECONOMÍA,
UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE, January.
- Luis Fernando Gamboa, 2009. "Strategic Uses of Mobile Phones in the BoP: Some Examples in Latin American Countries," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 71, pages 209-234.
- Balwant Singh Mehta & Nidhi Mehta, 2014. "ICT and Socio-Economic Empowerment of Rural Women: Case of Mobile Phone in India," Knowledge Horizons - Economics, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 6(4), pages 103-112, December.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/14815 is not listed on IDEAS
- Srinuan, Chalita & Bohlin, Erik, 2011. "Understanding the digital divide: A literature survey and ways forward," 22nd European Regional ITS Conference, Budapest 2011: Innovative ICT Applications - Emerging Regulatory, Economic and Policy Issues 52191, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Claire Borsenberger & Denis Joram & Lise Martin, 2012. "Affordability of Postal Services Addressed to Households," Chapters,in: Multi-Modal Competition and the Future of Mail, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsMobile telephony Tariffs Affordability Latin America Digital divide Universal access;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:telpol:v:32:y:2008:i:8:p:521-530. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30471/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.