A note on EM algorithm for mixture models
Expectation–maximization (EM) algorithm has been used to maximize the likelihood function or posterior when the model contains unobserved latent variables. One main important application of EM algorithm is to find the maximum likelihood estimator for mixture models. In this article, we propose an EM type algorithm to maximize a class of mixture type objective functions. In addition, we prove the monotone ascending property of the proposed algorithm and discuss some of its applications.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oliver Linton & Zhijie Xiao, 2001.
"A nonparametric regression estimator that adapts to error distribution of unknown form,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2120, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Linton, Oliver & Xiao, Zhijie, 2007. "A Nonparametric Regression Estimator That Adapts To Error Distribution Of Unknown Form," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(03), pages 371-413, June.
- Oliver Linton & Zhijie Xiao, 2001. "A Nonparametric Regression Estimator that Adapts to Error Distribution of Unknown Form," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 419, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Linton, Oliver Bruce & Xiao, Zhijie, 2001. "A nonparametric regression estimator that adapts to error distribution of unknown form," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2001,33, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Ao Yuan & Jan G. De Gooijer, 2007. "Semiparametric Regression with Kernel Error Model," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 34(4), pages 841-869.
- Yingcun Xia, 2004. "Efficient estimation for semivarying-coefficient models," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 91(3), pages 661-681, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:2:p:519-526. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.