Large deviation principles for telegraph processes
The aim of this paper is to present large deviation results for some telegraph random motions. We are not aware of any other results of this kind except the ones for the classical telegraph process (with drift). We start with the large deviation principle of the conditional laws given the number of changes of direction for the classical case; moreover, we compare the rate function with the one obtained for the non-conditional distributions. Finally, we study an inhomogeneous model and a planar telegraph motion.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Iacus, Stefano Maria, 2001.
"Statistical analysis of the inhomogeneous telegrapher's process,"
Statistics & Probability Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 83-88, November.
- Stefano Iacus, 2001. "Statistical analysis of the inhomogeneous telegrapher's process," Departmental Working Papers 2001-02, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Nikita Ratanov, 2007.
"A jump telegraph model for option pricing,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(5), pages 575-583.
- Macci, Claudio, 2009. "Convergence of large deviation rates based on a link between wave governed random motions and ruin processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 255-263, January.
- Orsingher, Enzo, 1990. "Probability law, flow function, maximum distribution of wave-governed random motions and their connections with Kirchoff's laws," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 49-66, February.
- Foong, S. K. & Kanno, S., 1994. "Properties of the telegrapher's random process with or without a trap," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 147-173, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:82:y:2012:i:11:p:1874-1882. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.