Local Walsh-average regression for semiparametric varying-coefficient models
This work is concerned with robust estimation in a semiparametric varying-coefficient partially linear model when the underlying error distribution deviates from a normal distribution. We develop a robust estimator by minimizing a locally Walsh-average-based loss function. We show theoretically that the proposed estimator is highly efficient across a wide spectrum of distributions. Its asymptotic relative efficiency with respect to the least-squares-based method is closely related to that of the signed-rank Wilcoxon test in comparison with the t-test. Both the theoretical and the numerical results demonstrate that the performance of the new approach is at least comparable to those of existing works.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 10 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description |
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhang, Wenyang & Lee, Sik-Yum & Song, Xinyuan, 2002. "Local Polynomial Fitting in Semivarying Coefficient Model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 166-188, July.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521785167 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bo Kai & Runze Li & Hui Zou, 2010. "Local composite quantile regression smoothing: an efficient and safe alternative to local polynomial regression," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 72(1), pages 49-69.
- Feng, Long & Zou, Changliang & Wang, Zhaojun, 2012. "Local Walsh-average regression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 36-48.
- Wang, Lan & Kai, Bo & Li, Runze, 2009. "Local Rank Inference for Varying Coefficient Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(488), pages 1631-1645.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & LIang, Hua & Gao, Jiti, 2000. "Partially linear models," MPRA Paper 39562, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521780506 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Wenyang & Lee, Sik-Yum, 2000. "Variable Bandwidth Selection in Varying-Coefficient Models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 116-134, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:82:y:2012:i:10:p:1815-1822. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.