Marginal density estimation for linear processes with cyclical long memory
Some convergence results on the kernel density estimator are proven for a class of linear processes with cyclic effects. In particular, we extend the results of Ho and Hsing (1996), Mielniczuk (1997) and Hall and Hart (1990) to the stationary processes for which the singularities of the spectral density are not limited to the origin. We show that the convergence rates and the limiting distribution may be different in this context.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 81 (2011)
Issue (Month): 9 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M. C. Viano & Cl. Deniau & G. Oppenheim, 1995. "Long-Range Dependence And Mixing For Discrete Time Fractional Processes," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 323-338, 05.
- Javier Hidalgo & Philippe Soulier, 2004. "Estimation of the location and exponent of the spectral singularity of a long memory process," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(1), pages 55-81, 01.
- L Giraitis & J Hidalgo & Peter M. Robinson, 2001. "Gaussian estimation of parametric spectral density with unknown pole," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 297, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Giraitis, Liudas & Koul, Hira L. & Surgailis, Donatas, 1996. "Asymptotic normality of regression estimators with long memory errors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 317-335, September.
- Mielniczuk, Jan, 1997. "On the asymptotic mean integrated squared error of a kernel density estimator for dependent data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 53-58, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:81:y:2011:i:9:p:1354-1364. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.