A new proof for the conditions of Novikov and Kazamaki
This paper provides a novel proof for the sufficiency of certain well-known criteria that guarantee the martingale property of a continuous, nonnegative local martingale. More precisely, it is shown that generalizations of Novikov’s condition and Kazamaki’s criterion follow directly from the existence of Föllmer’s measure. This approach allows to extend well-known criteria of martingality from strictly positive to only nonnegative, continuous local martingales.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 123 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel Fernholz & Ioannis Karatzas, 2010. "On optimal arbitrage," Papers 1010.4987, arXiv.org.
- Albert N. Shiryaev & Jan Kallsen, 2002. "The cumulant process and Esscher's change of measure," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 397-428.
- Blei, Stefan & Engelbert, Hans-Jürgen, 2009. "On exponential local martingales associated with strong Markov continuous local martingales," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 119(9), pages 2859-2880, September.
- Mayerhofer, Eberhard & Muhle-Karbe, Johannes & Smirnov, Alexander G., 2011. "A characterization of the martingale property of exponentially affine processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 121(3), pages 568-582, March.
- Aleksandar Mijatovi\'c & Mikhail Urusov, 2011. "A note on a paper by Wong and Heyde," Papers 1105.3918, arXiv.org.
- Pal, Soumik & Protter, Philip, 2010. "Analysis of continuous strict local martingales via h-transforms," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 120(8), pages 1424-1443, August.
- Soumik Pal & Philip Protter, 2007. "Analysis of continuous strict local martingales via h-transforms," Papers 0711.1136, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2010.
- Freddy Delbaen & Walter Schachermayer, 1998. "A Simple Counterexample to Several Problems in the Theory of Asset Pricing," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 1-11.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:123:y:2013:i:2:p:404-421. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.