A new proof for the conditions of Novikov and Kazamaki
This paper provides a novel proof for the sufficiency of certain well-known criteria that guarantee the martingale property of a continuous, nonnegative local martingale. More precisely, it is shown that generalizations of Novikov’s condition and Kazamaki’s criterion follow directly from the existence of Föllmer’s measure. This approach allows to extend well-known criteria of martingality from strictly positive to only nonnegative, continuous local martingales.
Volume (Year): 123 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Freddy Delbaen & Walter Schachermayer, 1998. "A Simple Counterexample to Several Problems in the Theory of Asset Pricing," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 1-11.
- Blei, Stefan & Engelbert, Hans-Jürgen, 2009. "On exponential local martingales associated with strong Markov continuous local martingales," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 119(9), pages 2859-2880, September.
- Pal, Soumik & Protter, Philip, 2010. "Analysis of continuous strict local martingales via h-transforms," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 120(8), pages 1424-1443, August.
- Mayerhofer, Eberhard & Muhle-Karbe, Johannes & Smirnov, Alexander G., 2011. "A characterization of the martingale property of exponentially affine processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 121(3), pages 568-582, March.
- Albert N. Shiryaev & Jan Kallsen, 2002. "The cumulant process and Esscher's change of measure," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 397-428.
- Daniel Fernholz & Ioannis Karatzas, 2010. "On optimal arbitrage," Papers 1010.4987, arXiv.org.
- Aleksandar Mijatovi\'c & Mikhail Urusov, 2011. "A note on a paper by Wong and Heyde," Papers 1105.3918, arXiv.org.
- Soumik Pal & Philip Protter, 2007. "Analysis of continuous strict local martingales via h-transforms," Papers 0711.1136, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2010.
- Hardy Hulley & Eckhard Platen, 2009. "A Visual Criterion for Identifying Ito Diffusions as Martingales or Strict Local Martingales," Research Paper Series 263, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:123:y:2013:i:2:p:404-421. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.