Maternal familism predicts birthweight and asthma symptoms three years later
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dominguez, Tyan Parker & Strong, Emily Ficklin & Krieger, Nancy & Gillman, Matthew W. & Rich-Edwards, Janet W., 2009. "Differences in the self-reported racism experiences of US-born and foreign-born Black pregnant women," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 258-265, July.
- Berkman, Lisa F. & Glass, Thomas & Brissette, Ian & Seeman, Teresa E., 2000. "From social integration to health: Durkheim in the new millennium," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 843-857, September.
- Reichman, Nancy E. & Teitler, Julien O. & Garfinkel, Irwin & McLanahan, Sara S., 2001. "Fragile Families: sample and design," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4-5), pages 303-326.
- Almeida, Joanna & Molnar, Beth E. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V., 2009. "Ethnicity and nativity status as determinants of perceived social support: Testing the concept of familism," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 1852-1858, May.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1997:87:6:1022-1026_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2005.071472_5 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCulture; Familism; Birthweight; Asthma; Health disparities; Pregnancy; Socioeconomic status; Ethnicity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:76:y:2013:i:c:p:28-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .