Does geographic access to primary healthcare influence the detection of hepatitis C?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Haynes, Robin & Bentham, Graham & Lovett, Andrew & Gale, Susan, 1999. "Effects of distances to hospital and GP surgery on hospital inpatient episodes, controlling for needs and provision," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 425-433, August.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1994:84:5:819-824_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Farmer, Jane & Lauder, William & Richards, Helen & Sharkey, Siobhan, 2003. "Dr. John has gone: assessing health professionals' contribution to remote rural community sustainability in the UK," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 673-686, August.
- Haynes, R. M. & Bentham, C. G., 1982. "The effects of accessibility on general practitioner consultations, out-patient attendances and in-patient admissions in Norfolk, England," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 561-569, January.
- Pescosolido, Bernice A. & Gardner, Carol Brooks & Lubell, Keri M., 1998. "How people get into mental health services: Stories of choice, coercion and "muddling through" from "first-timers"," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 275-286, January.
- Lovett, Andrew & Haynes, Robin & Sünnenberg, Gisela & Gale, Susan, 2002. "Car travel time and accessibility by bus to general practitioner services: a study using patient registers and GIS," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 97-111, July.
- Nemet, Gregory F. & Bailey, Adrian J., 2000. "Distance and health care utilization among the rural elderly," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(9), pages 1197-1208, May.
- Monnet, Elisabeth & Ramée, Cécile & Minello, Anne & Jooste, Valérie & Carel, Didier & Di Martino, Vincent, 2008. "Socioeconomic context, distance to primary care and detection of hepatitis C: A French population-based study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(5), pages 1046-1056, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masters, Samuel H. & Burstein, Roy & Amofah, George & Abaogye, Patrick & Kumar, Santosh & Hanlon, Michael, 2013. "Travel time to maternity care and its effect on utilization in rural Ghana: A multilevel analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 147-154.
- Astell-Burt, Thomas & Flowerdew, Robin & Boyle, Paul & Dillon, John, 2012. "Is travel-time to a specialist centre a risk factor for non-referral, non-attendance and loss to follow-up among patients with hepatitis C (HCV) infection?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 240-247.
More about this item
KeywordsTayside Scotland Hepatitis C virus (HCV) Detection rates Geographic information systems (GIS) Travel-time Poisson regression UK Access to care Help-seeking;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:72:y:2011:i:9:p:1472-1481. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .