Analyzing the volume and nature of emergency medical calls during severe weather events using regression methodologies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Goldberg, Jeffrey & Dietrich, Robert & Ming Chen, Jen & Mitwasi, M. George & Valenzuela, Terry & Criss, Elizabeth, 1990. "Validating and applying a model for locating emergency medical vehicles in Tuczon, AZ," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 308-324, December.
- Yi, Wei & Ozdamar, Linet, 2007. "A dynamic logistics coordination model for evacuation and support in disaster response activities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 179(3), pages 1177-1193, June.
- Linda V. Green & Peter J. Kolesar, 2004. "ANNIVERSARY ARTICLE: Improving Emergency Responsiveness with Management Science," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(8), pages 1001-1014, August.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- Jotshi, Arun & Gong, Qiang & Batta, Rajan, 2009. "Dispatching and routing of emergency vehicles in disaster mitigation using data fusion," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Eva Regnier, 2008. "Public Evacuation Decisions and Hurricane Track Uncertainty," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(1), pages 16-28, January.
- Yi, Wei & Kumar, Arun, 2007. "Ant colony optimization for disaster relief operations," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(6), pages 660-672, November.
- Susan Budge & Armann Ingolfsson & Dawit Zerom, 2010. "Empirical Analysis of Ambulance Travel Times: The Case of Calgary Emergency Medical Services," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(4), pages 716-723, April.
- Ergun, Özlem & Heier Stamm, Jessica L. & Keskinocak, Pinar & Swann, Julie L., 2010. "Waffle House Restaurants hurricane response: A case study," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 111-120, July.
- Regnier, Eva, 2008. "Doing something about the weather," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 22-32, February.
- Diwas S. Kc & Christian Terwiesch, 2009. "Impact of Workload on Service Time and Patient Safety: An Econometric Analysis of Hospital Operations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(9), pages 1486-1498, September.
- Nabil Channouf & Pierre L’Ecuyer & Armann Ingolfsson & Athanassios Avramidis, 2007. "The application of forecasting techniques to modeling emergency medical system calls in Calgary, Alberta," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 25-45, February.
- Altay, Nezih & Green III, Walter G., 2006. "OR/MS research in disaster operations management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 175(1), pages 475-493, November.
More about this item
KeywordsEmergency medical services; Disaster preparedness; Weather disasters; Zero-inflated Poisson regression; Multiple linear regression; Logistic regression;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps:v:46:y:2012:i:1:p:55-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.