Economic and social correlates of regional suicide rates: A pooled cross-section and time-series analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Bijou & Lester, David & Yang, Chung-Hsin, 1992. "Sociological and economic theories of suicide: A comparison of the U.S.A. and Taiwan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 333-334, February.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S & Soss, Neal M, 1974. "An Economic Theory of Suicide," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 83-98, Jan.-Feb..
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mary C. Daly & Daniel J. Wilson, 2006. "Keeping up with the Joneses and staying ahead of the Smiths: evidence from suicide data," Working Paper Series 2006-12, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Jungeilges, Jochen & Kirchgassner, Gebhard, 2002. "Economic welfare, civil liberty, and suicide: an empirical investigation," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 215-231.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2004. "Inequalities and Their Measurement," IZA Discussion Papers 1219, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mohseni-Cheraghlou, Amin, 2013. "Labor markets and mental wellbeing: Labor market conditions and suicides in the United States (1979–2004)," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 175-186.
- Noh, Yong-Hwan, 2009. "Does unemployment increase suicide rates? The OECD panel evidence," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 575-582, August.
- Ross, Justin M. & Yakovlev, Pavel A. & Carson, Fatima, 2012. "Does state spending on mental health lower suicide rates?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 408-417.
- Brainerd, Elizabeth, 2001.
"Economic reform and mortality in the former Soviet Union: A study of the suicide epidemic in the 1990s,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 1007-1019, May.
- Brainerd, Elizabeth, 2001. "Economic Reform and Mortality in the Former Soviet Union: A Study of the Suicide Epidemic in the 1990s," IZA Discussion Papers 243, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eiji Yamamura, 2015. "Comparison of Social Capital's Effect on Consideration of Suicide between Urban and Rural Areas," ISER Discussion Paper 0933, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Collins, Alan, 2016. "A Suicidal Kuznets Curve?," MPRA Paper 71108, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hwei-Lin Chuang & Wei-Chiao Huang, 2007. "A Re-Examination of the Suicide Rates in Taiwan," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 83(3), pages 465-485, September.
- Phiri, Andrew & Mukuka, Doreen, 2017. "Does unemployment aggravate suicide rates in South Africa? Some empirical evidence," MPRA Paper 80749, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, Joe & Choi, Yun Jeong & Sawada, Yasuyuki, 2009.
"How is suicide different in Japan?,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 140-150, March.
- Joe Chen & Yun Jeong Choi & Yasuyuki Sawada, 2007. "How Is Suicide Different in Japan?," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-526, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Joe Chen & Yun Jeong Choi & Yasuyuki Sawada, 2008. "How Is Suicide Different in Japan?," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-557, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2015. "Comparison of Social Trust’s Effect on Suicide Ideation between Urban and Non-urban Areas: The Case of Japanese Adults in 2006," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2015/06, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:134:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1437-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ferdi Botha, 2012. "The Economics Of Suicide In South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 80(4), pages 526-552, December.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2010.
"The different impacts of socio-economic factors on suicide between males and females,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(10), pages 1009-1012.
- yamamura, eiji, 2007. "The Different Impacts of Socio-economic Factors on Suicide between Males and Females," MPRA Paper 10175, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jahyeong Koo & W. Michael Cox, 2008. "An Economic Interpretation Of Suicide Cycles In Japan," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(1), pages 162-174, January.
- Minoiu, Camelia & Andres, Antonio Rodriguez, 2008. "The effect of public spending on suicide: Evidence from U.S. state data," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 237-261, February.
- Antonio Rodriguez, 2006. "Inequality and Suicide Mortality: A Cross-Country Study," Development Research Working Paper Series 13/2006, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:133:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1384-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Justina AV Fischer & Antonio Rodriguez-Andrï¿½s, 2008. "Political institutions and suicide: A regional analysis of Switzerland," TWI Research Paper Series 33, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, UniversitÃ¤t Konstanz.
- Nikolaos Antonakakis & Rangan Gupta, 2017.
"Is Economic Policy Uncertainty Related to Suicide Rates? Evidence from the United States,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 133(2), pages 543-560, September.
- Nikolaos Antonakakis & Rangan Gupta, 2015. "Is Economic Policy Uncertainty Related to Suicide Rates? Evidence from the United States," Working Papers 201573, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:26:y:1997:i:3:p:277-289. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175 .