University patenting and its effects on academic research: The emerging European evidence
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nelson, Richard R, 2001. "Observations on the Post-Bayh-Dole Rise of Patenting at American Universities," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 26(1-2), pages 13-19, January.
- Mowery, David C. & Nelson, Richard R. & Sampat, Bhaven N. & Ziedonis, Arvids A., 2001. "The growth of patenting and licensing by U.S. universities: an assessment of the effects of the Bayh-Dole act of 1980," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 99-119, January.
- Mowery, David C. & Ziedonis, Arvids A., 2002. "Academic patent quality and quantity before and after the Bayh-Dole act in the United States," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 399-418, March.
- E. Paul Durrenberger, 2005. "Labour," Chapters, in: A Handbook of Economic Anthropology, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Owen-Smith, Jason & Powell, Walter W, 2001. "To Patent or Not: Faculty Decisions and Institutional Success at Technology Transfer," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 26(1-2), pages 99-114, January.
- Gustavo A. Crespi & Aldo Geuna & Lionel J. J. Nesta, 2006. "Labour Mobility of Academic Inventors. Career Decision and Knowledge Transfer," SPRU Working Paper Series 139, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Hyunbae Chun & M. Ishaq Nadiri, 2008.
"Decomposing Productivity Growth in the U.S. Computer Industry,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(1), pages 174-180, February.
- Hyunbae Chun & M. Ishaq Nadiri, 2002. "Decomposing Productivity Growth in the U.S. Computer Industry," NBER Working Papers 9267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chun, H. & Nadiri, M.I., 2002. "Decomposing Productivity Growth in the U.S. Computer Industry," Working Papers 02-04, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Martin Meyer, 2003. "Academic patents as an indicator of useful research? A new approach to measure academic inventiveness," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 17-27, April.
- Joanna Poyago-Theotoky & John Beath & Donald S. Siegel, 2002.
"Universities and Fundamental Research: Reflections on the Growth of University-Industry Partnership,"
Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics
200201, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- Joanna Poyago-Theotoky & John Beath & Donald S. Siegel, 2002. "Universities and Fundamental Research: Reflections on the Growth of University--Industry Partnerships," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 10-21, Spring.
- Richard A. Jensen & Marie C. Thursby, 2004. "Patent Licensing and the Research University," NBER Working Papers 10758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe & Sabrina Saragossi, 2003.
"What patent data reveals about universities: the case of Belgium,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/6211, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Saragossi, Sarina & van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno, 2003. "What Patent Data Reveal about Universities: The Case of Belgium," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 47-51, January.
- Campbell, Eric G. & Weissman, Joel S. & Causino, Nancyanne & Blumenthal, David, 2000. "Data withholding in academic medicine: characteristics of faculty denied access to research results and biomaterials," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 303-312, February.
- Louis, Karen Seashore & Jones, Lisa M. & Anderson, Melissa S. & Blumenthal, David & Campbell, Eric G., 2001. "Entrepreneurship, Secrecy, and Productivity: A Comparison of Clinical and Non-clinical Life Sciences Faculty," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 233-245, June.
- Thursby, Jerry G & Jensen, Richard & Thursby, Marie C, 2001. "Objectives, Characteristics and Outcomes of University Licensing: A Survey of Major U.S. Universities," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 26(1-2), pages 59-72, January.
- Narin, Francis & Rozek, Richard P., 1988. "Bibliometric analysis of U.S. pharmaceutical industry research performance," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 139-154, June.
- Helen Lawton Smith, 2003. "Knowledge Organizations and Local Economic Development: The Cases of Oxford and Grenoble," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(9), pages 899-909.
- Balconi, Margherita & Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2004. "Networks of inventors and the role of academia: an exploration of Italian patent data," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 127-145, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:35:y:2006:i:6:p:790-807. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.