Editor's introduction: building and deploying scientific and technical human capital
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paula E. Stephan & Sharon G. Levin, 1997. "The Critical Importance of Careers in Collaborative Scientific Research," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 79(1), pages 45-61.
- Ajay Agrawal & Iain Cockburn & John McHale, 2003. "Gone But Not Forgotten: Labor Flows, Knowledge Spillovers, and Enduring Social Capital," NBER Working Papers 9950, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 1-9.
- Paul Almeida & Bruce Kogut, 1999. "Localization of Knowledge and the Mobility of Engineers in Regional Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(7), pages 905-917, July.
- Bozeman, Barry & Rogers, Juan D., 2002. "A churn model of scientific knowledge value: Internet researchers as a knowledge value collective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 769-794, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anne Casati & Corine Genet, 2014. "Principal investigators as scientific entrepreneurs," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 11-32, February.
- Gimmon, Eli & Levie, Jonathan, 2010. "Founder's human capital, external investment, and the survival of new high-technology ventures," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1214-1226, November.
- Bozeman, Barry & Laredo, Philippe & Mangematin, Vincent, 2007.
"Understanding the emergence and deployment of "nano" S&T,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 807-812, July.
- Barry Bozeman & Philippe Larédo & Vincent Mangematin, 2007. "Understanding the emergence and deployment of “nano” S&T," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00424523, HAL.
- Jonkers, Koen, 2011. "A functionalist framework to compare research systems applied to an analysis of the transformation of the Chinese research system," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1295-1306.
- James A. Cunningham & Paul O’Reilly & Brendan Dolan & Conor O’Kane & Vincent Mangematin, 2016. "Publicly funded principal investigators allocation of time for public sector entrepreneurship activities," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 43(4), pages 383-408, December.
- Marie Ferru & Marie-Pierre Bès & Michel Grossetti, 2011. "Measuring social proximity in the geography of innovation," Post-Print halshs-01395667, HAL.
- Rigby, J. & Edler, J., 2005. "Peering inside research networks: Some observations on the effect of the intensity of collaboration on the variability of research quality," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 784-794, August.
- Marie Ferru & Michel Grossetti & Marie-Pierre BÃ¨s, 2011. "Measuring social embeddedness : how to identify social networks in science-industry partnerships ?," ERSA conference papers ersa11p971, European Regional Science Association.
- Andrea Bonaccorsi & Grid Thoma, 2005. "Scientific and Technological Regimes in Nanotechnology: Combinatorial Inventors and Performance," LEM Papers Series 2005/13, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Thoma, Grid, 2007. "Institutional complementarity and inventive performance in nano science and technology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 813-831, July.
- James A. Cunningham & Vincent Mangematin & Conor O’Kane & Paul O’Reilly, 2016. "At the frontiers of scientific advancement: the factors that influence scientists to become or choose to become publicly funded principal investigators," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 778-797, August.
- Maximilian Goethner & Michael Wyrwich, 2017. "Cross-faculty proximity and academic entrepreneurship: The role of business schools," Jena Economic Research Papers 2017-017, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Daniela Baglieri & Gianni Lorenzoni, 2014. "Closing the distance between academia and market: experimentation and user entrepreneurial processes," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 52-74, February.
- Rothaermel, Frank T. & Thursby, Marie, 2007. "The nanotech versus the biotech revolution: Sources of productivity in incumbent firm research," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 832-849, July.
- Goethner, Maximilian & Obschonka, Martin & Silbereisen, Rainer K. & Cantner, Uwe, 2012. "Scientists’ transition to academic entrepreneurship: Economic and psychological determinants," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 628-641.
- Su, Xuhong, 2014. "Academic scientists’ affiliation with university research centers: Selection dynamics," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 382-390.
- Alina Dima & Simona Vasilache, 2015. "Social Network Analysis for Tacit Knowledge Management in Universities," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 6(4), pages 856-864, December.
- N. Moray & B. Clarysse, 2005. "Institutional Origin and Resource Endowments to Science-Based Entrepreneurial Firms: A European Exploration," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 05/296, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:33:y:2004:i:4:p:565-568. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .