Interest-sensitive wealth and the life-cycle hypothesis: implications for fiscal policy
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Finis Welch, 1979. "Effects of Cohort Size on Earnings: The Baby Boom Babies' Financial Bust," UCLA Economics Working Papers 146, UCLA Department of Economics.
- S. Grossman & R. Shiller, .
"The Determinants of the Variability of Stock Market Price,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
18-80, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Shiller, Robert J, 1981. "The Determinants of the Variability of Stock Market Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 222-27, May.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Robert J. Shiller, 1980. "The Determinants of the Variability of Stock Market Prices," NBER Working Papers 0564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mankiw, N Gregory, 1985.
"Consumer Durables and the Real Interest Rate,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 353-62, August.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Stanley Fischer, 1989. "Lectures on Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262022834, March.
- Austan Goolsbee, 1999. "Evidence on the High-Income Laffer Curve from Six Decades of Tax Reform," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 30(2), pages 1-64.
- Benjamin Russo, 2002. "Taxes, the Speed of Convergence, and Implications for WelfareEffects of Fiscal Policy," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 69(2), pages 444-456, October.
- Gilbert Ghez & Gary S. Becker, 1975. "A Theory of the Allocation of Time and Goods Over the Life Cycle," NBER Chapters, in: The Allocation of Time and Goods over the Life Cycle, pages 1-45 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1989.
"Is the Extended Family Altruistically Linked? Direct Tests Using Micro Data,"
NBER Working Papers
3046, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Altonji, Joseph G & Hayashi, Fumio & Kotlikoff, Laurence J, 1992. "Is the Extended Family Altruistically Linked? Direct Tests Using Micro Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1177-98, December.
- Feldstein, Martin S, 1978.
"The Welfare Cost of Capital Income Taxation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(2), pages S29-51, April.
- Barro, Robert J., 1974.
"Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?,"
3451399, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Robert E. Hall, 1981.
"Intertemporal Substitution in Consumption,"
NBER Working Papers
0720, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gilbert Ghez & Gary S. Becker, 1975. "The Allocation of Time and Goods over the Life Cycle," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number ghez75-1, February.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1983. "Stochastic Consumption, Risk Aversion, and the Temporal Behavior of Asset Returns," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 249-65, April.
- Christophe Chamley, 1980.
"The Welfare Cost of Capital Income Taxation in a Growing Economy,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
553, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1981. "The Welfare Cost of Capital Income Taxation in a Growing Economy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(3), pages 468-96, June.
- Hwan C . Lin & Benjamin Russo, 2002. "Growth Effects of Capital Income Taxes: How Much Does Endogenous Innovation Matter?," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 4(4), pages 613-640, October.
- B. Douglas Bernheim, 1981. "A Note on Dynamic Tax Incidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 96(4), pages 705-723.
- Summers, Lawrence H, 1981. "Capital Taxation and Accumulation in a Life Cycle Growth Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 533-44, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:43:y:2003:i:3:p:418-432. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.