The impact of flexibility on operational supply chain planning
We study in this paper the effects of volume flexibility, delivery flexibility and operational decision flexibility in operational supply chain planning under uncertain demand. We use a rolling schedule to plan supply chain operations for a whole year. The planning horizon is 4 weeks with deterministic demand in the first week and predicted for the following 3 weeks. Using a case from the Norwegian meat industry, we compare the annual operating results of using a two-stage stochastic programming model to the deterministic expected value problem in order to discuss the impact of flexibility in the supply chain.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Escudero, L. F. & Galindo, E. & Garcia, G. & Gomez, E. & Sabau, V., 1999. "Schumann, a modeling framework for supply chain management under uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 14-34, November.
- Schütz, Peter & Tomasgard, Asgeir & Ahmed, Shabbir, 2009. "Supply chain design under uncertainty using sample average approximation and dual decomposition," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 199(2), pages 409-419, December.
- Sabri, Ehap H. & Beamon, Benita M., 2000. "A multi-objective approach to simultaneous strategic and operational planning in supply chain design," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 581-598, October.
- Goyal, S. K. & Gunasekaran, A., 1990. "Multi-stage production-inventory systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 1-20, May.
- Kenneth R. Baker & David W. Peterson, 1979. "An Analytic Framework for Evaluating Rolling Schedules," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(4), pages 341-351, April.
- Escudero, L. F., 1994. "CMIT, capacitated multi-level implosion tool," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 511-528, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:134:y:2011:i:2:p:300-311. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.