Demand forecasting for multiple slow-moving items with short requests history and unequal demand variance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bunn, Derek W. & Vassilopoulos, Angelos I., 1999. "Comparison of seasonal estimation methods in multi-item short-term forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 431-443, October.
- Boylan, J.E. & Syntetos, A.A., 2007. "The accuracy of a Modified Croston procedure," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 511-517, June.
- Aronis, Kostas-Platon & Magou, Ioulia & Dekker, Rommert & Tagaras, George, 2004.
"Inventory control of spare parts using a Bayesian approach: A case study,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 154(3), pages 730-739, May.
- Aronis, K-P. & Magou, I. & Dekker, R. & Tagaras, G., 1999. "Inventory control of spare parts using a Bayesian approach: a case study," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 9950-/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Dolgui, Alexandre & Ould-Louly, Mohamed-Aly, 2002. "A model for supply planning under lead time uncertainty," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 145-152, July.
- Petrovic, R. & Senborn, A. & Vujosevic, M., 1989. "A new adaptive algorithm for determination of stocks in spare parts inventory systems," Engineering Costs and Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 405-410, May.
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2002. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Ram Tripathi & Ramesh Gupta & John Gurland, 1994. "Estimation of parameters in the beta binomial model," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 46(2), pages 317-331, June.
- Syntetos, Aris A. & Boylan, John E., 2006. "On the stock control performance of intermittent demand estimators," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 36-47, September.
- Willemain, Thomas R. & Smart, Charles N. & Schwarz, Henry F., 2004. "A new approach to forecasting intermittent demand for service parts inventories," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 375-387.
- Hill, Roger M., 1997. "Applying Bayesian methodology with a uniform prior to the single period inventory model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 555-562, May.
- Dekker, Mark & van Donselaar, Karel & Ouwehand, Pim, 2004. "How to use aggregation and combined forecasting to improve seasonal demand forecasts," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 151-167, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wsi:apjorx:v:34:y:2017:i:04:n:s021759591750021x is not listed on IDEAS
- Kumar, Anupam & Evers, Philip T., 2015. "Setting safety stock based on imprecise records," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 68-75.
- Bacchetti, Andrea & Saccani, Nicola, 2012. "Spare parts classification and demand forecasting for stock control: Investigating the gap between research and practice," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 722-737.
- Lu, Chi-Jie & Wang, Yen-Wen, 2010. "Combining independent component analysis and growing hierarchical self-organizing maps with support vector regression in product demand forecasting," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(2), pages 603-613, December.
- Lindsey, Matthew & Pavur, Robert, 2009. "Prediction intervals for future demand of existing products with an observed demand of zero," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 75-89, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:112:y:2008:i:2:p:885-894. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.