An improved (Q, R) formulation when the stockout cost is incurred on a per-stockout basis
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert L. Winkler & Gary M. Roodman & Robert R. Britney, 1972. "The Determination of Partial Moments," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(3), pages 290-296, November.
- J. B. Ward, 1978. "Determining Reorder Points When Demand is Lumpy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(6), pages 623-632, February.
- Baganha, Manuel P. & Pyke, David F. & Ferrer, Geraldo, 1996. "The undershoot of the reorder point: Tests of an approximation," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-3), pages 311-320, August.
- Janssen, Fred & Heuts, Ruud & de Kok, Ton, 1998. "On the (R, s, Q) inventory model when demand is modelled as a compound Bernoulli process," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 423-436, February.
- Duran, Alfonso & Gutierrez, Gil & Zequeira, Romulo I., 2004. "A continuous review inventory model with order expediting," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 157-169, January.
- Riezebos, Jan, 2006. "Inventory order crossovers," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 666-675, December.
- David E. Platt & Lawrence W. Robinson & Robert B. Freund, 1997. "Tractable (Q, R) Heuristic Models for Constrained Service Levels," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(7), pages 951-965, July.
- C. R. Mitchell & R. A. Rappold & W. B. Faulkner, 1983. "An Analysis of Air Force EOQ Data with an Application to Reorder Point Calculation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(4), pages 440-446, April.
- Yu-Sheng Zheng, 1992. "On Properties of Stochastic Inventory Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(1), pages 87-103, January.
- Chen, Fangruo & Zheng, Yu-Sheng, 1993. "Inventory models with general backorder costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 175-186, March.
- Steven Nahmias & W. Steven Demmy, 1981. "Operating Characteristics of an Inventory System with Rationing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(11), pages 1236-1245, November.
- Cetinkaya, S. & Parlar, M., 1998. "Optimal myopic policy for a stochastic inventory problem with fixed and proportional backorder costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 20-41, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:111:y:2008:i:2:p:421-434. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.