An improved (Q, R) formulation when the stockout cost is incurred on a per-stockout basis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- J. B. Ward, 1978. "Determining Reorder Points When Demand is Lumpy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(6), pages 623-632, February.
- Riezebos, Jan, 2006. "Inventory order crossovers," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 666-675, December.
- Baganha, Manuel P. & Pyke, David F. & Ferrer, Geraldo, 1996. "The undershoot of the reorder point: Tests of an approximation," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-3), pages 311-320, August.
- Chen, Fangruo & Zheng, Yu-Sheng, 1993. "Inventory models with general backorder costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 175-186, March.
- C. R. Mitchell & R. A. Rappold & W. B. Faulkner, 1983. "An Analysis of Air Force EOQ Data with an Application to Reorder Point Calculation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(4), pages 440-446, April.
- Janssen, Fred & Heuts, Ruud & de Kok, Ton, 1998. "On the (R, s, Q) inventory model when demand is modelled as a compound Bernoulli process," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 423-436, February.
- Robert L. Winkler & Gary M. Roodman & Robert R. Britney, 1972. "The Determination of Partial Moments," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(3), pages 290-296, November.
- Duran, Alfonso & Gutierrez, Gil & Zequeira, Romulo I., 2004. "A continuous review inventory model with order expediting," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 157-169, January.
- David E. Platt & Lawrence W. Robinson & Robert B. Freund, 1997. "Tractable (Q, R) Heuristic Models for Constrained Service Levels," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(7), pages 951-965, July.
- Yu-Sheng Zheng, 1992. "On Properties of Stochastic Inventory Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(1), pages 87-103, January.
- Cetinkaya, S. & Parlar, M., 1998. "Optimal myopic policy for a stochastic inventory problem with fixed and proportional backorder costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 20-41, October.
- Steven Nahmias & W. Steven Demmy, 1981. "Operating Characteristics of an Inventory System with Rationing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(11), pages 1236-1245, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Halkos, George & Kevork, Ilias & Tziourtzioumis, Chris, 2014. "Optimal inventory policies with an exact cost function under large demand uncertainty," MPRA Paper 60545, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:111:y:2008:i:2:p:421-434. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.