Core equivalence and welfare properties without divisible goods
We study an economy where all goods entering preferences or production processes are indivisible. Fiat money not entering consumers' preferences is an additional perfectly divisible parameter. We establish a First and Second Welfare Theorem and a core equivalence result for the rationing equilibrium concept introduced in Florig and Rivera (2005a). The rationing equilibrium can be considered as a natural extension of the Walrasian notion when all goods are indivisible at the individual level but perfectly divisible at the level of the entire economy. As a Walras equilibrium with money is a special case of a rationing equilibrium, our results also hold for Walras equilibria with money.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Florig, Michael, 2001. "Hierarchic competitive equilibria," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 515-546, July.
- Shapley, Lloyd & Scarf, Herbert, 1974. "On cores and indivisibility," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 23-37, March.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1977. "Indivisible commodities and general equilibrium theory," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 443-456, December.
- Alexander Konovalov, 2005. "The core of an economy with satiation," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 25(3), pages 711-719, 04.
- Broome, John, 1972. "Approximate equilibrium in economies with indivisible commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 224-249, October.
- Ali Khan, M. & Yamazaki, Akira, 1981. "On the cores of economies with indivisible commodities and a continuum of traders," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 218-225, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:46:y:2010:i:4:p:467-474. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.