Core equivalence and welfare properties without divisible goods
We study an economy where all goods entering preferences or production processes are indivisible. Fiat money not entering consumers' preferences is an additional perfectly divisible parameter. We establish a First and Second Welfare Theorem and a core equivalence result for the rationing equilibrium concept introduced in Florig and Rivera (2005a). The rationing equilibrium can be considered as a natural extension of the Walrasian notion when all goods are indivisible at the individual level but perfectly divisible at the level of the entire economy. As a Walras equilibrium with money is a special case of a rationing equilibrium, our results also hold for Walras equilibria with money.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Florig, Michael, 2001. "Hierarchic competitive equilibria," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 515-546, July.
- Alexander Konovalov, 2005. "The core of an economy with satiation," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 25(3), pages 711-719, 04.
- Broome, John, 1972. "Approximate equilibrium in economies with indivisible commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 224-249, October.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1977. "Indivisible commodities and general equilibrium theory," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 443-456, December.
- Ali Khan, M. & Yamazaki, Akira, 1981. "On the cores of economies with indivisible commodities and a continuum of traders," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 218-225, April.
- Shapley, Lloyd & Scarf, Herbert, 1974. "On cores and indivisibility," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 23-37, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:46:y:2010:i:4:p:467-474. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.