Welfare properties and core for a competitive equilibrium without divisible
We study welfare and core equivalence for a competitive equilibrium defined on an economy where all commodities are indivisible at the individual level, but perfectly divisible at the aggregate level. In our model is assumed that thereexists a continuum parameter, which can be interpreted as fiat money and does not participate in the preferences of individuals and could be used to facilitate exchange. Given the existence of equilibria with a strictly positive price of fiat money, we establish a core equivalence result, and First and Second Welfare Theorems.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1977. "Indivisible commodities and general equilibrium theory," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 443-456, December.
- Shapley, Lloyd & Scarf, Herbert, 1974. "On cores and indivisibility," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 23-37, March.
- Florig, Michael, 2001. "Hierarchic competitive equilibria," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 515-546, July.
- Ali Khan, M. & Yamazaki, Akira, 1981. "On the cores of economies with indivisible commodities and a continuum of traders," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 218-225, April.
- Alexander Konovalov, 2005. "The core of an economy with satiation," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 711-719, 04.
- Martine Quinzii, 1982. "Core and Competitive Equilibria with Indivisibilities," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 644, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Broome, John, 1972. "Approximate equilibrium in economies with indivisible commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 224-249, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:udc:wpaper:wp213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatiana Reyes)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.