Comparing risks with unbounded distributions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Ian Jewitt, 1989. "Choosing Between Risky Prospects: The Characterization of Comparative Statics Results, and Location Independent Risk," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(1), pages 60-70, January.
- Michael Landsberger & Isaac Meilijson, 1994. "The Generating Process and an Extension of Jewitt's Location Independent Risk Concept," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(5), pages 662-669, May.
- Landsberger, Michael & Meilijson, Isaac, 1990. "Lotteries, insurance, and star-shaped utility functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 1-17, October.
- Diamond, Peter A. & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1974. "Increases in risk and in risk aversion," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 337-360, July.
- Muller, Alfred, 1996. "Orderings of risks: A comparative study via stop-loss transforms," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 215-222, April.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1971. "Increasing risk II: Its economic consequences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 66-84, March.
- Kroll, Yoram & Leshno, Moshe & Levy, Haim & Spector, Yishay, 1995. "Increasing risk, decreasing absolute risk aversion and diversification," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 537-556.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mao, Tiantian & Hu, Taizhong, 2012. "Characterization of left-monotone risk aversion in the RDEU model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 413-422.
- Morone, Andrea & Ozdemir, Ozlem, 2012.
"Black swan protection: an experimental investigation,"
38842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ozlem Ozdemir & Andrea Morone, 2012. "Black Swan Protection: an Experimental Investigation," Working Papers 2012/12, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Muller, Alfred, 1998.
"Another Tale of Two Tails: On Characterizations of Comparative Risk,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 187-197, May-June.
- Alfred Mueller, 1996. "Another tale of two tails: On characterizations of comparative risk," Working Papers 025, Risk and Insurance Archive.
- Hu, Taizhong & Chen, Jing & Yao, Junchao, 2006. "Preservation of the location independent risk order under convolution," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 406-412, April.
- Yang, Jianping & Hu, Taizhong, 2016. "New developments on the Lp-metric between a probability distribution and its distortion," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 236-243.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:30:y:1998:i:2:p:229-239. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco .