Fisher's behaviour with individual vessel quotas--Over-capacity and potential rent: Five case studies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James Eales & Catherine Durham & Cathy R. Wessells, 1997. "Generalized Models of Japanese Demand for Fish," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1153-1163.
- Henry W. Kinnucan & Øystein Myrland, 2006. "The Effectiveness of Antidumping Measures: Some Evidence for Farmed Atlantic Salmon," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 459-477.
- Kjell G. Salvanes, 1997. "Market Delineation and Demand Structure," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 139-150.
- Squires, Dale & Kirkley, James, 1991. "Production quota in multiproduct pacific fisheries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 109-126, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sigbjorn Tveteras & Carlos Paredes & Julio Peña, 2011. "Individual Fishing Quotas in Peru: Stopping the Race for Anchovies," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv263, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Standal, Dag & Annie Sønvisen, Signe, 2015. "Gear liberalization in the Northeast Arctic cod fisheries – Implications for sustainability, efficiency and legitimacy," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 141-148.
- Thøgersen, Thomas & Eigaard, Ole Ritzau & Fitzpatrick, Mike & Mardle, Simon & Andersen, Jesper Levring & Haraldsson, Gunnar, 2015. "Economic gains from introducing international ITQs—The case of the mackerel and herring fisheries in the Northeast Atlantic," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 85-93.
- Gianluigi Coppola & Monica Gambino & Alfonso Pellecchia & Dario Pinello & Evelina Carmen Sabatella, 2015. "Modelling The Technology Of Commercial Fishing Vessel In Italy: A Cost Function Approach," 2015 EAFE (European Association of Fisheries Economists) Conference Papers 017, Nisea.
- Shamshak, Gina Louise & King, Jonathan R., 2015. "From cannery to culinary luxury: The evolution of the global geoduck market," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 81-89.
- Donald R. Leal, 2010. "The Political Economy of Natural Resource Use : Lessons for Fisheries Reform," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16757, The World Bank.
- Sean Pascoe & Simon Vieira & Catherine M. Dichmont & André E. Punt, 2011.
"Optimal vessel size and output in the Australian northern prawn fishery: a restricted profit function approach,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(1), pages 107-125, January.
- Pascoe, Sean & Vieira, Simon & Dichmont, Catherine M. & Punt, Andre´ E., 2011. "Optimal vessel size and output in the Australian northern prawn fishery: a restricted profit function approach," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(1), March.
- repec:eee:juipol:v:45:y:2017:i:c:p:45-60 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steven Rust & Sarah Jennings & Satoshi Yamazaki, 2016. "Excess Capacity and Capital Malleability in a Fishery with Myopic Expectations," Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(1), pages 63-81.
- Asche, Frank & Bjørndal, Marianne Tranberg & Bjørndal, Trond, 2014. "Development in fleet fishing capacity in rights based fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 166-171.
- Stephanie McWhinnie & Kofi Otumawu-Apreku, 2013.
"The Role of Fixed Cost and Non-Discretionary Variables in Fisheries: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation,"
School of Economics Working Papers
2013-14, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Stephanie McWhinnie & Kofi Otumawu-Apreku, 2013. "The Role of Fixed Cost and Non-Discretionary Variables in Fisheries: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," School of Economics Working Papers 2013-19, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Standal, Dag & Sønvisen, Signe Annie, 2015. "Into the scrap iron business: Transaction costs for fleet sustainability in Norway," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 213-217.
- Asche, Frank & Smith, Martin D., 2010. "Trade and fisheries: Key issues for the World Trade Organization," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2010-03, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
More about this item
KeywordsFisheries management Resource rent Over-capacity Individual vessel quotas Incentives;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:32:y:2008:i:6:p:920-927. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.