Managing Urban Growth with Urban Growth Boundaries: A Theoretical Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Man Cho, 1997. "Congestion Effects of Spatial Growth Restrictions: A Model and Empirical Analysis," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 25(3), pages 409-438.
- Haynes, Kingsley E & Krmenec, Andrew, 1989. "A Sensitivity Assessment of Uncertainty in Infrastructure Expansion," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 23(4), pages 299-309.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 1990. "Growth Controls and Land Values in an Open City," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(3), pages 237-248.
- Engle, Robert & Navarro, Peter & Carson, Richard, 1992. "On the theory of growth controls," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 269-283, November.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1997. "Infrastructure financing and urban development:: The economics of impact fees," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 383-407, December.
- Ralph Turvey, 1976. "Analyzing the Marginal Cost of Water Supply," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 52(2), pages 158-168.
- Oum, Tae Hoon & Zhang, Yimin, 1990. "Airport pricing : Congestion tolls, lumpy investment, and cost recovery," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 353-374, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Harry W. Richardson & Peter Gordon, 2000. "Compactness or Sprawl: America's Future vs. the Present," Working Paper 8645, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Satyajit Chatterjee & Burcu Eyigungor, 2013. "Do supply restrictions raise the value of urban land? The (neglected) role of production externalities," Working Papers 13-37, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Matthias Cinyabuguma & Virginia McConnell, 2009. "Urban Growth Externalities and Neighborhood Incentives: Another Cause of Urban Sprawl?," UMBC Economics Department Working Papers 09-106, UMBC Department of Economics.
- repec:wly:iecrev:v:58:y:2017:i::p:127-155 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brueckner, Jan K., 2007.
"Urban growth boundaries: An effective second-best remedy for unpriced traffic congestion?,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 263-273, November.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2005. "Urban Growth Boundaries: An Effective Second-Best Remedy for Unpriced Traffic Congestion?," Working Papers 050610, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Satyajit Chatterjee & Burcu Eyigungor, 2017. "A Tractable City Model For Aggregative Analysis," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 58, pages 127-155, February.
- John I. Carruthers, 2012. "Land use regulation and regional form: a spatial mismatch?," Chapters,in: Networks, Space and Competitiveness, chapter 8, pages 181-204 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Zhuzhou Zhuang & Kaiyuan Li & Jiaxun Liu & Qianwen Cheng & Yu Gao & Jinxia Shan & Lingyan Cai & Qiuhao Huang & Yanming Chen & Dong Chen, 2016. "China’s New Urban Space Regulation Policies: A Study of Urban Development Boundary Delineations," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Langpap, Christian & Wu, JunJie, 2004. "Predicting The Effect Of Local Land Use Regulations On Biodiversity In The Western United States," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20038, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Daniel Felsenstein, 2002. "Do high technology agglomerations encourage urban sprawl?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 36(4), pages 663-682.
- Jou, Jyh-Bang, 2012. "Efficient growth boundaries in the presence of population externalities and stochastic rents," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 349-357.
- Kono, Tatsuhito & Joshi, Kirti Kusum, 2012. "A new interpretation on the optimal density regulations: Closed and open city," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 223-234.
- Cheol-Joo Cho, 2011. "Paying for expansion versus replacement costs: infrastructure provision for efficient urban growth," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 46(1), pages 59-81, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:46:y:1999:i:1:p:53-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.