A General Equilibrium Analysis of Short-Term Interest Rate Policies and the Role of Reserve Requirements
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Branson, William H. & Henderson, Dale W., 1985. "The specification and influence of asset markets," Handbook of International Economics, in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.),Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 749-805, Elsevier.
- William Poole, 1969.
"Optimal choice of monetary policy instruments in a simple stochastic macro model,"
Special Studies Papers
2, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- William Poole, 1970. "Optimal choice of monetary policy instruments in a simple stochastic macro model," Staff Studies 57, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- VanHoose, David D., 1983. "Monetary policy under alternative bank market structures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 383-404, September.
- Sealey, C. Jr., 1985. "Portfolio separation for stockholder owned depository financial intermediaries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 477-490, December.
- William Poole, 1970. "Optimal Choice of Monetary Policy Instruments in a Simple Stochastic Macro Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(2), pages 197-216.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1973. "Some International Evidence on Output-Inflation Tradeoffs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 326-334, June.
- Stuart E. Weiner, 1992. "The changing role of reserve requirements in monetary policy," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, vol. 77(Q IV), pages 45-63.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1976. "Expectations and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1161-1176, December.
- Papademos, Lucas & Modigliani, Franco, 1990. "The supply of money and the control of nominal income," Handbook of Monetary Economics, in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 10, pages 399-399, Elsevier.
- M. Parkin, 1970. "Discount House Portfolio and Debt Selection," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(4), pages 469-497.
- Lucas, Robert Jr, 1976. "Econometric policy evaluation: A critique," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 19-46, January.
- Friedman, Benjamin M., 1990. "Targets and instruments of monetary policy," Handbook of Monetary Economics, in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 22, pages 1185-1230, Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hwang, Chiun-Lin, 1989. "Optimal monetary policy in an open macroeconomic model with rational expectation," ISU General Staff Papers 1989010108000010197, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Broadbent, Ben & Barro, Robert J., 1997. "Central bank preferences and macroeconomic equilibrium," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 17-43, June.
- Frederick Van der Ploeg, 2005. "Back to Keynes?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1424, CESifo.
- Akhand Akhtar Hossain, 2009. "Central Banking and Monetary Policy in the Asia-Pacific," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12777.
- Läufer, Nikolaus K. A., 1976. "Unsicherheit, Friedmansche Regel und optimale Wirtschaftspolitik," Discussion Papers, Series I 91, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- McNelis, Paul D. & Asilis, Carlos M., 1995. "Monetary policy games with broad money targets a linear quadratic control analysis of the U.S. and Japan," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(5-7), pages 1091-1111.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1988. "Targets and Instruments of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 2668, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Warwick J. McKibbin & Kanhaiya Singh, 2000. "Issues in the Choice of a Monetary Regime for India," ASARC Working Papers 2000-01, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Cover, James P. & Mallick, Sushanta K., 2012. "Identifying sources of macroeconomic and exchange rate fluctuations in the UK," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1627-1648.
- Sutherland, Alan, 1995.
"Monetary and real shocks and the optimal target zone,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 161-172, January.
- Alan Sutherland, "undated". "Monetary and Real Shocks and the Optimal Target Zone," Discussion Papers 92/7, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Hannes Draack, 2018. "Monetary Policy with Imperfect Signals: The Target Problem in a New Monetarist Approach," ECON - Working Papers 296, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Peter J. Stemp, 1991. "Optimal Weights in a Check‐List of Monetary Indicators," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 67(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Keith Kuester & Gernot J. Müller, 2017.
"Fixed on Flexible: Rethinking Exchange Rate Regimes after the Great Recession,"
IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 65(3), pages 586-632, August.
- Corsetti, G. & Kuester, K & Müller, G. J., 2017. "Fixed on Flexible Rethinking Exchange Rate Regimes after the Great Recession," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1729, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Keith Kuester & Gernot J. Müller, 2017. "Fixed on Flexible Rethinking Exchange Rate Regimes after the Great Recession," Discussion Papers 1721, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Kuester, Keith & Mï¿½ller, Gernot, 2017. "Fixed on Flexible: Rethinking Exchange Rate Regimes after the Great Recession," CEPR Discussion Papers 12197, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jérôme Creel & Henri Sterdyniak, 1999. "La politique monétaire sans monnaie," Revue de l'OFCE, Programme National Persée, vol. 70(1), pages 111-153.
- C. A. E. Goodhart, 2009. "The Continuing Muddles of Monetary Theory: A Steadfast Refusal to Face Facts," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 76(s1), pages 821-830, October.
- Lucas Papademos, 2005. "Macroeconomic theory and monetary policy: the contributions of Franco Modigliani and the ongoing debate," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 58(233-234), pages 187-214.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2011.
"Stabilization Theory and Policy: 50 Years after the Phillips Curve,"
Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 78(309), pages 67-88, January.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2008. "Stabilization Theory and Policy: 50 Years after the Phillips Curve," Working Papers UWEC-2008-09-FC, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Bali, Turan G. & Thurston, Thom B., 2002. "On the efficiency of monetary policy rules with flexible prices and rational expectations," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(6), pages 615-631.
- Willem H. Buiter, 1999.
"The EMU and the NAMU: What is the Case for North American Monetary Union?,"
Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 25(3), pages 285-305, September.
- Buiter, Willem H., 1999. "The EMU and the NAMU: What is the Case for North American Monetary Union?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2181, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ben Bernanke & Frederic Mishkin, 1992.
"Central Bank Behavior and the Strategy of Monetary Policy: Observations from Six Industrialized Countries,"
NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1992, Volume 7, pages 183-238,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben Bernanke & Frederic Mishkin, 1992. "Central Bank Behavior and the Strategy of Monetary Policy: Observations From Six Industrialized Countries," NBER Working Papers 4082, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:21:y:1999:i:3:p:389-411. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.