The effect of preservation technology investment on a non-instantaneous deteriorating inventory model
Considering an inventory system with a non-instantaneous deteriorating item, our objective is to study the effect of preservation technology investment on inventory decisions. The generalized productivity of invested capital, deterioration and time-depend partial backlogging rates are used to model the inventory system. The basic results of fractional programming are employed to prove the uniqueness of the global maximum for each case. We also establish several structural properties on finding the optimal replenishment and preservation technology strategies. Further, we use a couple of numerical examples to illustrate the results and conclude the paper with suggestions for possible future researches.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 41 (2013)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Maihami, Reza & Nakhai Kamalabadi, Isa, 2012. "Joint pricing and inventory control for non-instantaneous deteriorating items with partial backlogging and time and price dependent demand," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 116-122.
- Chang, Chun-Tao & Teng, Jinn-Tsair & Goyal, Suresh Kumar, 2010. "Optimal replenishment policies for non-instantaneous deteriorating items with stock-dependent demand," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 62-68, January.
- Bakker, Monique & Riezebos, Jan & Teunter, Ruud H., 2012. "Review of inventory systems with deterioration since 2001," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(2), pages 275-284.
- Wang, Xiaojun & Li, Dong, 2012. "A dynamic product quality evaluation based pricing model for perishable food supply chains," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 906-917.
- Schaible, Siegfried & Ibaraki, Toshidide, 1983. "Fractional programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 325-338, April.
- P. L. Abad, 1996. "Optimal Pricing and Lot-Sizing Under Conditions of Perishability and Partial Backordering," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(8), pages 1093-1104, August.
- Goyal, S. K. & Giri, B. C., 2001. "Recent trends in modeling of deteriorating inventory," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 1-16, October.
- Cai, Xiaoqiang & Chen, Jian & Xiao, Yongbo & Xu, Xiaolin & Yu, Gang, 2013. "Fresh-product supply chain management with logistics outsourcing," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 752-765.
- Dye, Chung-Yuan, 2007. "Joint pricing and ordering policy for a deteriorating inventory with partial backlogging," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 184-189, April.
- Shah, Nita H & Soni, Hardik N & Patel, Kamlesh A, 2013. "Optimizing inventory and marketing policy for non-instantaneous deteriorating items with generalized type deterioration and holding cost rates," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 421-430.
- Wu, Kun-Shan & Ouyang, Liang-Yuh & Yang, Chih-Te, 2006. "An optimal replenishment policy for non-instantaneous deteriorating items with stock-dependent demand and partial backlogging," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 369-384, June.
- Papachristos, S. & Skouri, K., 2003. "An inventory model with deteriorating items, quantity discount, pricing and time-dependent partial backlogging," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 247-256, March.
- Hsu, P.H. & Wee, H.M. & Teng, H.M., 2010. "Preservation technology investment for deteriorating inventory," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 388-394, April.
- Dye, Chung-Yuan & Hsieh, Tsu-Pang, 2012. "An optimal replenishment policy for deteriorating items with effective investment in preservation technology," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 218(1), pages 106-112.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:41:y:2013:i:5:p:872-880. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.