Estimation in partially linear models with missing responses at random
A partially linear model is considered when the responses are missing at random. Imputation, semiparametric regression surrogate and inverse marginal probability weighted approaches are developed to estimate the regression coefficients and the nonparametric function, respectively. All the proposed estimators for the regression coefficients are shown to be asymptotically normal, and the estimators for the nonparametric function are proved to converge at an optimal rate. A simulation study is conducted to compare the finite sample behavior of the proposed estimators.
Volume (Year): 98 (2007)
Issue (Month): 7 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robinson, Peter M, 1988. "Root- N-Consistent Semiparametric Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 931-54, July.
- Wang, Qi-Hua & Li, Gang, 2002. "Empirical Likelihood Semiparametric Regression Analysis under Random Censorship," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 469-486, November.
- Richard Schmalensee & Thomas M. Stoker, 1999. "Household Gasoline Demand in the United States," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(3), pages 645-662, May.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & LIang, Hua & Gao, Jiti, 2000. "Partially linear models," MPRA Paper 39562, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Zonghui Hu, 2004. "Profile-kernel versus backfitting in the partially linear models for longitudinal/clustered data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 91(2), pages 251-262, June.
- Qihua Wang & Oliver Linton & Wolfgang Hardle, 2003.
"Semiparametric regression analysis with missing response at random,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP11/03, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Wang Q. & Linton O. & Hardle W., 2004. "Semiparametric Regression Analysis With Missing Response at Random," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 334-345, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:98:y:2007:i:7:p:1470-1493. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.