On location estimation for LARCH processes
We consider location estimation when the error process is a stationary LARCH process with long memory in the second moments. The asymptotic distribution of the sample mean and nonlinear M-estimators of the location parameter are derived. Essential assumptions for obtaining asymptotic normality with -rate of convergence are symmetry of the innovation distribution and skew-symmetry of the [psi]-function.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 97 (2006)
Issue (Month): 8 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giraitis, Liudas & Koul, Hira L. & Surgailis, Donatas, 1996. "Asymptotic normality of regression estimators with long memory errors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 317-335, September.
- Robinson, P. M., 1991. "Testing for strong serial correlation and dynamic conditional heteroskedasticity in multiple regression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 67-84, January.
- Koul, Hira L., 1992. "M-estimators in linear models with long range dependent errors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 153-164, May.
- Giraitis, Liudas & Kokoszka, Piotr & Leipus, Remigijus, 2000. "Stationary Arch Models: Dependence Structure And Central Limit Theorem," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(01), pages 3-22, February.
- Liudas Giraitis, 2004. "LARCH, Leverage, and Long Memory," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 2(2), pages 177-210.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Bollerslev, Tim & Mikkelsen, Hans Ole, 1996.
"Fractionally integrated generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 3-30, September.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Baillie, Bollerslev, Mikkelson FIGARCH results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00009, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Chen, Shijie & Mukherjee, Kanchan, 1999. "Asymptotic uniform linearity of some robust statistics under exponentially subordinated strongly dependent models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 137-146, August.
- Robinson, P. M., 2001. "The memory of stochastic volatility models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 195-218, April. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)