Dependence structures of multivariate Bernoulli random vectors
In some situations, it is difficult and tedious to check notions of dependence properties and dependence orders for multivariate distributions supported on a finite lattice. The purpose of this paper is to utilize a newly developed tool, majorization with respect to weighted trees, to lay out some general results that can be used to identify some dependence properties and dependence orders for multivariate Bernoulli random vectors. Such a study gives us some new insight into the relations between the concepts of dependence.
Volume (Year): 94 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joe, Harry, 1990. "Multivariate concordance," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 12-30, October.
- Müller, Alfred & Scarsini, Marco, 2000.
"Some Remarks on the Supermodular Order,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 107-119, April.
- Marco Scarsini & Alfred Muller, 2000. "Some remarks on the supermodular order," Post-Print hal-00540239, HAL.
- Block, Henry W. & Fang, Zhaoben, 1990. "Setwise independence for some dependence structures," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 103-119, January.
- Christofides, Tasos C. & Vaggelatou, Eutichia, 2004. "A connection between supermodular ordering and positive/negative association," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 138-151, January.
- Frostig, Esther, 2001. "Comparison of portfolios which depend on multivariate Bernoulli random variables with fixed marginals," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 319-332, December.
- Shaked, Moshe & Shanthikumar, J. George, 1997. "Supermodular Stochastic Orders and Positive Dependence of Random Vectors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 86-101, April.
- Frostig, Esther, 2003. "Ordering ruin probabilities for dependent claim streams," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 93-114, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:94:y:2005:i:1:p:172-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.