Dependence structures of multivariate Bernoulli random vectors
In some situations, it is difficult and tedious to check notions of dependence properties and dependence orders for multivariate distributions supported on a finite lattice. The purpose of this paper is to utilize a newly developed tool, majorization with respect to weighted trees, to lay out some general results that can be used to identify some dependence properties and dependence orders for multivariate Bernoulli random vectors. Such a study gives us some new insight into the relations between the concepts of dependence.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 94 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Block, Henry W. & Fang, Zhaoben, 1990. "Setwise independence for some dependence structures," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 103-119, January.
- Frostig, Esther, 2001. "Comparison of portfolios which depend on multivariate Bernoulli random variables with fixed marginals," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 319-332, December.
- Marco Scarsini & Alfred Muller, 2000.
"Some remarks on the supermodular order,"
- Christofides, Tasos C. & Vaggelatou, Eutichia, 2004. "A connection between supermodular ordering and positive/negative association," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 138-151, January.
- Frostig, Esther, 2003. "Ordering ruin probabilities for dependent claim streams," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 93-114, February.
- Shaked, Moshe & Shanthikumar, J. George, 1997. "Supermodular Stochastic Orders and Positive Dependence of Random Vectors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 86-101, April.
- Joe, Harry, 1990. "Multivariate concordance," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 12-30, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:94:y:2005:i:1:p:172-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.