Estimation of the regression operator from functional fixed-design with correlated errors
We consider the estimation of the regression operator r in the functional model: Y=r(x)+[epsilon], where the explanatory variable x is of functional fixed-design type, the response Y is a real random variable and the error process [epsilon] is a second order stationary process. We construct the kernel type estimate of r from functional data curves and correlated errors. Then we study their performances in terms of the mean square convergence and the convergence in probability. In particular, we consider the cases of short and long range error processes. When the errors are negatively correlated or come from a short memory process, the asymptotic normality of this estimate is derived. Finally, some simulation studies are conducted for a fractional autoregressive integrated moving average and for an Ornstein-Uhlenbeck error processes.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 101 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- K. Benhenni & F. Ferraty & M. Rachdi & P. Vieu, 2007. "Local smoothing regression with functional data," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 353-369, September.
- Roussas, G. G., 1994. "Asymptotic Normality of Random Fields of Positively or Negatively Associated Processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 152-173, July.
- Boente, Graciela & Fraiman, Ricardo, 2000. "Kernel-based functional principal components," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 335-345, July.
- Benhenni, K. & Hedli-Griche, S. & Rachdi, M. & Vieu, P., 2008. "Consistency of the regression estimator with functional data under long memory conditions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(8), pages 1043-1049, June.
- Roussas, George G., 2000. "Asymptotic normality of the kernel estimate of a probability density function under association," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 1-12, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:101:y:2010:i:2:p:476-490. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.