Kaplan-Meier Estimator under Association
Consider a long term study, where a series of possibly censored failure times is observed. Suppose the failure times have a common marginal distribution functionF, but they exhibit a mode of dependence characterized by positive or negative association. Under suitable regularity conditions, it is shown that the Kaplan-Meier estimatorFnofFis uniformly strongly consistent; rates for the convergence are also provided. Similar results are established for the empirical cumulative hazard rate function involved. Furthermore, a stochastic process generated byFnis shown to be weakly convergent to an appropriate Gaussian process. Finally, an estimator of the limiting variance of the Kaplan-Meier estimator is proposed and it is shown to be weakly convergent.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 67 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bagai, Isha & Prakasa Rao, B. L. S., 1991. "Estimation of the survival function for stationary associated processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 385-391, November.
- Stute, Winfried, 1994. "Convergence of the Kaplan-Meier estimator in weighted sup-norms," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 219-223, June.
- Roussas, G. G., 1994. "Asymptotic Normality of Random Fields of Positively or Negatively Associated Processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 152-173, July.
- Roussas, George G., 1991. "Kernel estimates under association: strong uniform consistency," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 393-403, November.
- Ying, Z. & Wei, L. J., 1994. "The Kaplan-Meier Estimate for Dependent Failure Time Observations," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 17-29, July.
- Burton, Robert M. & Dabrowski, AndréRobert & Dehling, Herold, 1986. "An invariance principle for weakly associated random vectors," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 301-306, December.