Kernel-based functional principal components
In this paper, we propose kernel-based smooth estimates of the functional principal components when data are continuous trajectories of stochastic processes. Strong consistency and the asymptotic distribution are derived under mild conditions.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 48 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dauxois, J. & Pousse, A. & Romain, Y., 1982. "Asymptotic theory for the principal component analysis of a vector random function: Some applications to statistical inference," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 136-154, March.
- Fraiman, Ricardo & Iribarren, Gonzalo Pérez, 1991. "Nonparametric regression estimation in models with weak error's structure," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 180-196, May.
- Philippe Besse & J. Ramsay, 1986. "Principal components analysis of sampled functions," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 285-311, June.
- J. Ramsay, 1982. "When the data are functions," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 379-396, December.
- Yurinskii, V. V., 1976. "Exponential inequalities for sums of random vectors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 473-499, December.