Concordance measures for multivariate non-continuous random vectors
A notion of multivariate concordance suitable for non-continuous random variables is defined and many of its properties are established. This allows the definition of multivariate, non-continuous versions of Kendall's tau, Spearman's rho and Spearman's footrule, which are concordance measures. Since the maximum values of these association measures are not +1 in general, a special attention is given to the computation of upper bounds. The latter turn out to be multivariate generalizations of earlier findings made by Neslehová (2007)  and Denuit and Lambert (2005) . They are easy to compute and can be estimated from a data set of (possibly) discontinuous random vectors. Corrected versions are considered as well.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 101 (2010)
Issue (Month): 10 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Denuit, Michel & Lambert, Philippe, 2005. "Constraints on concordance measures in bivariate discrete data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 40-57, March.
- Genest, Christian & Nešlehová, Johanna, 2007. "A Primer on Copulas for Count Data," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(02), pages 475-515, November.
- Manuel Úbeda-Flores, 2005. "Multivariate versions of Blomqvist’s beta and Spearman’s footrule," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 57(4), pages 781-788, December.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- Joe, Harry, 1990. "Multivariate concordance," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 12-30, October.
- M. Taylor, 2007. "Multivariate measures of concordance," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 59(4), pages 789-806, December.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:101:y:2010:i:10:p:2398-2410. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.