Weyl eigenvalue asymptotics and sharp adaptation on vector bundles
This paper examines the estimation of an indirect signal embedded in white noise on vector bundles. It is found that the sharp asymptotic minimax bound is determined by the degree to which the indirect signal is embedded in the linear operator. Thus when the linear operator has polynomial decay, recovery of the signal is polynomial where the exact minimax constant and rate are determined. Adaptive sharp estimation is carried out using a blockwise shrinkage estimator. Application to the spherical deconvolution problem for the polynomially bounded case is made.
Volume (Year): 100 (2009)
Issue (Month): 9 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kim, Peter T. & Koo, Ja-Yong & Park, Heon Jin, 2004. "Sharp minimaxity and spherical deconvolution for super-smooth error distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 384-392, August.
- Goldenshluger, Alexander, 2002. "Density Deconvolution in the Circular Structural Model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 360-375, May.
- Bissantz, Nicolai & Hohage, T. & Munk, Axel & Ruymgaart, F., 2007. "Convergence rates of general regularization methods for statistical inverse problems and applications," Technical Reports 2007,04, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Healy, Dennis M. & Hendriks, Harrie & Kim, Peter T., 1998. "Spherical Deconvolution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 1-22, October.
- Koo, Ja-Yong & Kim, Peter T., 2008. "Sharp adaptation for spherical inverse problems with applications to medical imaging," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 165-190, February.
- Kim, Peter T. & Koo, Ja-Yong, 2002. "Optimal Spherical Deconvolution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 21-42, January.
- Jussi Klemela, 1999. "Asymptotic Minimax Risk for the White Noise Model on the Sphere," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 26(3), pages 465-473.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:100:y:2009:i:9:p:1962-1978. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.