Too good to be true? The (In)credibility of the UK inflation fan charts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:sae:niesru:v:167:y::i:1:p:106-112 is not listed on IDEAS
- Balke, Nathan S. & Emery, Kenneth M., 1994. "The algebra of price stability," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 77-97.
- Robert Dittmar & William T. Gavin & Finn E. Kydland, 1999. "The inflation-output variability tradeoff and price-level targets," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 23-32.
- David L. Reifschneider & John C. Williams, 2000.
"Three lessons for monetary policy in a low-inflation era,"
Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, pages 936-978.
- David L. Reifschneider & John C. Williams, 1999. "Three lessons for monetary policy in a low inflation era," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-44, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 1999.
- Bean, Charles, 1998. "The New UK Monetary Arrangements: A View from the Literature," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(451), pages 1795-1809, November.
- James Peery Cover & Paul Pecorino, 2005. "Price and Output Stability under Price-Level Targeting," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 152-166, July.
- John C. Williams, 2003. "Simple rules for monetary policy," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 1-12.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Knüppel, Malte & Schultefrankenfeld, Guido, 2019.
"Assessing the uncertainty in central banks’ inflation outlooks,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 1748-1769.
- Knüppel, Malte & Schultefrankenfeld, Guido, 2018. "Assessing the uncertainty in central banks' inflation outlooks," Discussion Papers 56/2018, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Wojciech Charemza & Carlos Diaz Vela & Svetlana Makarova, 2013.
"Inflation fan charts, monetary policy and skew normal distribution,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
13/06, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester.
- Wojciech Charemza & Carlos Diaz & Svetlana Makarova, 2014. "Term Structure Of Inflation Forecast Uncertainties And Skew Normal Distributions," Discussion Papers in Economics 14/01, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester.
- Wojciech Charemza & Carlos Díaz & Svetlana Makarova, 2015. "Ex-post Inflation Forecast Uncertainty and Skew Normal Distribution: ‘Back from the Future’ Approach," Discussion Papers in Economics 15/09, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester.
- Karolina Tura-Gawron, 2016. "Credibility Of Central Banks Inflation Forecasts," GUT FME Working Paper Series A 37, Faculty of Management and Economics, Gdansk University of Technology.
- Cole, Stephen J., 2018.
"The effectiveness of central bank forward guidance under inflation and price-level targeting,"
Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 146-161.
- Cole, Stephen J., 2016. "The Effectiveness of Central Bank Forward Guidance under Inflation and Price-Level Targeting," Working Papers and Research 2016-06, Marquette University, Center for Global and Economic Studies and Department of Economics.
- Tura-Gawron, Karolina, 2019. "Consumers’ approach to the credibility of the inflation forecasts published by central banks: A new methodological solution," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C).
- Jorge Fornero & Andrés Gatty, 2020. "Back testing fan charts of activity and inflation: the Chilean case," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 881, Central Bank of Chile.
- Knüppel, Malte & Schultefrankenfeld, Guido, 2008. "How informative are macroeconomic risk forecasts? An examination of the Bank of England's inflation forecasts," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2008,14, Deutsche Bundesbank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmacro:v:29:y:2007:i:1:p:91-102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.