Effect of nursing home ownership on the quality of post-acute care: An instrumental variables approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sloan, Frank A., 2000. "Not-for-profit ownership and hospital behavior," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 21, pages 1141-1174 Elsevier.
- Terza, Joseph V. & Basu, Anirban & Rathouz, Paul J., 2008. "Two-stage residual inclusion estimation: Addressing endogeneity in health econometric modeling," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 531-543, May.
- Robert Town & Roger Feldman & Douglas Wholey, 2004. "The Impact of Ownership Conversions on HMO Performance," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 327-342, December.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cawley, John & Grabowski, David C. & Hirth, Richard A., 2006. "Factor substitution in nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 234-247, March.
- Karen Eggleston & Yu-Chu Shen & Joseph Lau & Christopher H. Schmid & Jia Chan, 2008. "Hospital ownership and quality of care: what explains the different results in the literature?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(12), pages 1345-1362.
- Joseph J. Doyle, 2011. "Returns to Local-Area Health Care Spending: Evidence from Health Shocks to Patients Far from Home," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 221-243, July.
- Grabowski, David C. & Hirth, Richard A., 2003. "Competitive spillovers across non-profit and for-profit nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Newhouse, Joseph P, 1970. "Toward a Theory of Nonprofit Institutions: An Economic Model of a Hospital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 64-74, March.
- Mark Duggan, 2002. "Hospital Market Structure and the Behavior of Not-For-Profit Hospitals," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(3), pages 433-446, Autumn.
- Edward C. Norton & Douglas O. Staiger, 1994. "How Hospital Ownership Affects Access to Care for the Uninsured," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(1), pages 171-185, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:ijhplm:v:31:y:2016:i:4:p:e290-e301 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bowblis John R. & Brunt Christopher S. & Grabowski David C., 2016. "Competitive Spillovers and Regulatory Exploitation by Skilled Nursing Facilities," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 19(1), pages 45-70, June.
- Morrison, Geoffrey M. & Lin Lawell, C.-Y. Cynthia, 2016. "Driving in force: The influence of workplace peers on commuting decisions on U.S. military bases," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 22-40.
- Rahman, Momotazur & Norton, Edward C. & Grabowski, David C., 2016.
"Do hospital-owned skilled nursing facilities provide better post-acute care quality?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 36-46.
- Momotazur Rahman & Edward C. Norton & David C. Grabowski, 2016. "Do Hospital-Owned Skilled Nursing Facilities Provide Better Post-Acute Care Quality?," NBER Working Papers 22515, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Herr, A. & Saric, A., 2016. "The Welfare Effects of Single Rooms in German Nursing Homes: A Structural Approach," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 16/23, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Di Giorgio, L. & Filippini, M. & Masiero, G., 2015. "Structural and managerial cost differences in nonprofit nursing homes," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 289-298.
- Magdalena A. Stroka, 2016. "Drug overprescription in nursing homes: an empirical evaluation of administrative data," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 17(3), pages 257-267, April.
- repec:eee:hapoch:v1_951 is not listed on IDEAS
- L. Di Giorgio & M. Filippini & G. Masiero, 2016. "Is higher nursing home quality more costly?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 17(8), pages 1011-1026, November.
- Richard Hirth & David Grabowski & Zhanlian Feng & Momotazur Rahman & Vincent Mor, 2014. "Effect of nursing home ownership on hospitalization of long-stay residents: an instrumental variables approach," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Yaa Akosa Antwi & John R. Bowblis, 2016. "The Impact of Nurse Turnover on Quality of Care and Mortality in Nursing Homes: Evidence from the Great Recession," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 16-249, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Kinge, Jonas Minet, 2015. "Body mass index and employment status: a new look," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2015:3, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Kinge, Jonas Minet, 2016. "Body mass index and employment status: A new look," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 117-125.
- Bowblis, John R. & McHone, Heather S., 2013. "An instrumental variables approach to post-acute care nursing home quality: Is there a dime's worth of evidence that continuing care retirement communities provide higher quality?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 980-996.
- Martin, Cécile, 2014. "Concurrence, prix et qualité de la prise en charge en EHPAD en France : Analyses micro-économétriques," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/13712 edited by Dormont, Brigitte, October.
More about this item
KeywordsOwnership; Nursing homes; Quality; Post-acute care;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- L3 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:32:y:2013:i:1:p:12-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .