Learning and the evolution of medical technologies: the diffusion of coronary angioplasty
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Smith, Richard J & Blundell, Richard W, 1986. "An Exogeneity Test for a Simultaneous Equation Tobit Model with an Application to Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 679-685, May.
- Daniel P. Kessler & Mark B. McClellan, 2000. "Is Hospital Competition Socially Wasteful?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 577-615.
- Sturm, Roland, 1999. "Cost and quality trends under managed care: is there a learning curve in behavioral health carve-out plans?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 591-602, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gaynor, Martin & Town, Robert J., 2011.
"Competition in Health Care Markets,"
Handbook of Health Economics,
- Martin Gaynor & Robert J. Town, 2011. "Competition in Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 17208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Gaynor & Robert J Town, 2012. "Competition in Health Care Markets," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 12/282, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Laurent Gobillon & Carine Milcent, 2016.
"Evaluating the Effect of Ownership Status on Hospital Quality: The Key Role of Innovative Procedures,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 121-122, pages 161-186.
- Gobillon, Laurent & Milcent, Carine, 2012. "Evaluating the Effect of Ownership Status on Hospital Quality: The Key Role of Innovative Procedures," IZA Discussion Papers 7082, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Laurent Gobillon & Carine Milcent, 2016. "Evaluating the Effect of Ownership Status on Hospital Quality: The Key Role of Innovative Procedures," Post-Print halshs-01509624, HAL.
- Gobillon, Laurent & Milcent, Carine, 2013. "Evaluating the effect of ownership status on hospital quality: the key role of innovative procedures," CEPR Discussion Papers 9272, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Capasso & Elena Cefis & Koen Frenken, 2009. "Do Some Firms Persistently Outperform ?," LEM Papers Series 2009/15, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Vivian Ho, 2006. "Does certificate of need affect cardiac outcomes and costs?," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 300-324, December.
- Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2013. "Effects of competition on hospital quality: an examination using hospital administrative data," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 14(3), pages 415-429, June.
- Martin Gaynor, "undated".
"What Do We Know About Competition and Quality in Health Care Markets?,"
GSIA Working Papers
2006-E62, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Martin Gaynor, 2006. "What Do We Know About Competition and Quality in Health Care Markets?," NBER Working Papers 12301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Gaynor, 2006. "What Do We know About Competition and Quality in Health Care Markets?," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 06/151, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Leemore S. Dafny, 2003. "Entry Deterrence in Hospital Procedure Markets: A Simple Model of Learning-By-Doing," NBER Working Papers 9871, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marco D. Huesch & Mariko Sakakibara, 2009. "Forgetting the learning curve for a moment: how much performance is un related to own experience?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(7), pages 855-862.
- Carrie Colla & Julie Bynum & Andrea Austin & Jonathan Skinner, 2016. "Hospital Competition, Quality, and Expenditures in the U.S. Medicare Population," NBER Working Papers 22826, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jones, A.M, 2010. "Models For Health Care," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 10/01, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Juan M. Contreras & Beomsoo Kim & Ignez M. Tristao, 2009. "Does Experience Make Better Doctors?," Discussion Paper Series 0902, Institute of Economic Research, Korea University.
- Ho Vivian & Short Marah N. & Ku-Goto Meei-Hsiang, 2012. "Can Centralization of Cancer Surgery Improve Social Welfare?," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 15(2), pages 1-25, October.
- Juan M. Contreras & Beomsoo Kim & Ignez M. Tristao, 2007. "Does Experience Make Better Doctors? Evidence from LASIK Eye Surgeries: Working Paper 2007-12," Working Papers 19097, Congressional Budget Office.
- repec:kap:ijhcfe:v:18:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10754-017-9222-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan M. Contreras & Beomsoo Kim & Ignez M. Tristao, 2010. "Does Doctors' Experience Matter in LASIK Surgeries?: Working Paper 2010-01," Working Papers 21400, Congressional Budget Office.
- Jill R. Horwitz & Charleen Hsuan & Austin Nichols, 2017. "The Role of Hospital and Market Characteristics in Invasive Cardiac Service Diffusion," NBER Working Papers 23530, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:21:y:2002:i:5:p:873-885. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.