Physician-induced demand : An empirical analysis of the consumer information gap
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Currie, Janet & Lin, Wanchuan & Zhang, Wei, 2011.
"Patient knowledge and antibiotic abuse: Evidence from an audit study in China,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 933-949.
- Janet Currie & Wanchuan Lin & Wei Zhang, 2010. "Patient Knowledge and Antibiotic Abuse: Evidence from an Audit Study in China," NBER Working Papers 16602, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:spr:irpnmk:v:14:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s12208-017-0175-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:56:y:2005:i:6:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2601862 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nolan, Anne & Nolan, Brian, 2007. "Income, Medical Card Eligibility and Access to GP Services in Ireland," Book Chapters,in: Nolan, Brian (ed.), The Provision and Use of Health Services, Health Inequalities and Health and Social Gain Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Erin M. Johnson & M. Marit Rehavi, 2016.
"Physicians Treating Physicians: Information and Incentives in Childbirth,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 115-141, February.
- Erin M. Johnson & M. Marit Rehavi, 2013. "Physicians Treating Physicians: Information and Incentives in Childbirth," NBER Working Papers 19242, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nguyen, Xuan Nguyen, 1996. "Physician volume response to price controls," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 189-204, February.
- Christian Schmid, 2015.
"Consumer Health Information and the Demand for Physician Visits,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(12), pages 1619-1631, December.
- Christian Schmid, 2013. "Identification of Supplier-induced Demand What kind of consumer information matters?," Diskussionsschriften dp1301, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Espen Bratberg & Tor Helge Holmås, 2003. "A Panel Data Study of Physiciansâ€™ Labor Supply: The Case of Norway," CESifo Working Paper Series 895, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gaynor, Martin, 1994.
"Issues in the Industrial Organization of the Market for Physician Services,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 211-255, Spring.
- Martin Gaynor, 1994. "Issues in the Industrial Organization of the Market for Physician Services," NBER Working Papers 4695, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Espen Bratberg & Tor Helge Holmås, 2005.
"A panel data study of physicians' labor supply: the case of Norway,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(10), pages 1035-1045.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Bratberg, Espen & Holmås, Tor Helge, 2003. "A panel data study of physicians’ labor supply: The case of Norway," Working Papers in Economics 01/03, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Lise Rochaix, 1997. "Asymétries d'information et incertitude en santé : les apports de la théorie des contrats," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 129(3), pages 11-24.
- Paul Calcott, 1999. "Demand inducement as cheap talk," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(8), pages 721-733.
- Lise Rochaix & Stéphane Jacobzone, 1997. "L'hypothèse de demande induite : un bilan économique," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 129(3), pages 25-36.
- Stefan Meyer, 2016. "Dispensing physicians, asymmetric information supplier-induced demand: evidence from the Swiss Health Survey," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 215-245, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:1:y:1982:i:3:p:231-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.