Equity and the distribution of UK National Health Service resources
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- O'Donnell, Owen & Propper, Carol, 1991. "Equity and the distribution of U.K. National Health Service resources," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 247-249, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric French & Elaine Kelly & Richard Cookson & Carol Propper & Miqdad Asaria & Rosalind Raine, 2016.
"Socio‐Economic Inequalities in Health Care in England,"
Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 37, pages 371-403, September.
- Cookson, Richard & Propper, Carol & Asaria, Miqdad & Raine, Rosalind, 2016. "Socio-economic inequalities in health care in England," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 101256, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Richard Cookson & Carol Proppper & Miqdad Asaria & Rosalind Raine, 2016. "Socioeconomic inequalities in health care in England," Working Papers 129cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Olsen, Karen M. & Dahl, Svenn-Åge, 2007. "Health differences between European countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(8), pages 1665-1678, April.
- Monika Sander, 2008. "Is There Migration-Related Inequity in Access to or in the Utilisation of Health Care in Germany?," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 147, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Layte, Richard, 2007. "Equity in the Use of Health Care in Ireland?," Book Chapters, in: Nolan, Brian (ed.),The Provision and Use of Health Services, Health Inequalities and Health and Social Gain, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Mark Blaug, 1998. "Where are we now in British health economics?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(S1), pages 63-78, August.
- van Doorslaer, Eddy & Wagstaff, Adam & van der Burg, Hattem & Christiansen, Terkel & De Graeve, Diana & Duchesne, Inge & Gerdtham, Ulf-G & Gerfin, Michael & Geurts, Jose & Gross, Lorna, 2000. "Equity in the delivery of health care in Europe and the US," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 553-583, September.
- Ignacio Abásolo & Jaime Pinilla & Miguel Negrín, 2008. "Equity in the utilization of public health care services by regions in Spain: a multinivel analysis," Hacienda Pública Española / Review of Public Economics, IEF, vol. 187(4), pages 87-106, December.
- Maria Goddard & Peter Smith, 1998. "Equity of access to health care," Working Papers 032cheop, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Matthew Sutton, 2002. "Vertical and horizontal aspects of socio‐economic inequity in general practitioner contacts in Scotland," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 537-549, September.
- Mohammad Hajizadeh & Luke B. Connelly & James R.G. Butler & Aredshir Khosravi, 2012. "Unmet need and met unneed in health care utilisation in Iran," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 39(6), pages 400-422, May.
- Ulf‐ G. Gerdtham, 1997.
"Equity in Health Care Utilization: Further Tests Based on Hurdle Models and Swedish Micro Data,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 303-319, May.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G., 1996. "Equity in Health Care Utilisation: Further Tests Based on Hurdle models and Swedish Micro Data," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 116, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Stephen Birch & John Eyles & K. Bruce Newbold, 1993.
"Equitable access to health care: Methodological extensions to the analysis of physician utilization in Canada,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(2), pages 87-101, July.
- S Birch & J Eyles & KM Newbold, 1993. "Equitable Access to Health Care: Methodological Extensions to the Analysis of Physician Utilization in Canada," Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis Working Paper Series 1993-03, Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis (CHEPA), McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada.
- Teresa Bago d'Uva & Maarten Lindeboom & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2011.
"Education‐related inequity in healthcare with heterogeneous reporting of health,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 174(3), pages 639-664, July.
- Teresa Bago d'Uva & Maarten Lindeboom & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2010. "Education-related Inequity in Health Care with Heterogeneous Reporting of Health," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-122/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Cisse, Boubou & Luchini, Stephane & Moatti, Jean Paul, 2007. "Progressivity and horizontal equity in health care finance and delivery: What about Africa?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 51-68, January.
- Walter Beckert & Elaine Kelly, 2017. "Divided by choice? Private providers, patient choice and hospital sorting in the English National Health service," IFS Working Papers W17/15, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Richard Layte & Brian Nolan, 2004.
"Equity in the Utilisation of Health Care in Ireland,"
The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 35(2), pages 111-134.
- Layte, Richard & Nolan, Brian, 2003. "Equity in the Utilization of Health Care in Ireland," Papers HRBWP02, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Tom Van Ourti, 2004. "Measuring horizontal inequity in Belgian health care using a Gaussian random effects two part count data model," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(7), pages 705-724, July.
- Kakwani, Nanak & Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 1997. "Socioeconomic inequalities in health: Measurement, computation, and statistical inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 87-103, March.
- Walter Beckert & Elaine Kelly, 2021. "Divided by choice? For‐profit providers, patient choice and mechanisms of patient sorting in the English National Health Service," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(4), pages 820-839, April.
- Pierella Paci & Adam Wagstaff, 1993. "Equity and efficiency in Italian health care," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(1), pages 15-29, April.
- Anselmi, Laura & Lagarde, Mylène & Hanson, Kara, 2015. "Going beyond horizontal equity: An analysis of health expenditure allocation across geographic areas in Mozambique," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 216-224.
- Brian Nolan, 1997. "Mesure de l'équité des modes de financement et de distribution des soins de santé : aspects méthodologiques avec illustration sur l'Irlande," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 129(3), pages 121-130.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:10:y:1991:i:1:p:1-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.