The value of dividend imputation tax credits in Australia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Philip Brown & Terry Walter, 1986. "Ex-Dividend Day Behaviour of Australian Share Prices," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 11(2), pages 139-152, December.
- Boyd, John H & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1994. "Ex-dividend Price Behavior of Common Stocks," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(4), pages 711-741.
- Frank, Murray & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1998.
"Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 161-188, February.
- Murray Frank & Ravi Jagannathan, 1997. "Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes," Staff Report 229, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Poterba, James M & Summers, Lawrence H, 1984.
" New Evidence that Taxes Affect the Valuation of Dividends,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 39(5), pages 1397-1415, December.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence A. Summers, 1984. "New Evidence that Taxes Affect the Valuation of Dividends," Working papers 338, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1984. "New Evidence that Taxes Affect the Valuation of Dividends," NBER Working Papers 1288, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J, 1970. "Marginal Stockholder Tax Rates and the Clientele Effect," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(1), pages 68-74, February.
- McDonald, Robert L, 2001. "Cross-Border Investing with Tax Arbitrage: The Case of German Dividend Tax Credits," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(3), pages 617-657.
- Grammatikos, Theoharry, 1989. "Dividend Stripping, Risk Exposure, and the Effect of the 1984 Tax Reform Act on the Ex-dividend Day Behavior," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(2), pages 157-173, April.
- Cox, John C. & Ingersoll, Jonathan Jr. & Ross, Stephen A., 1981. "The relation between forward prices and futures prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 321-346, December.
- Barone-Adesi, Giovanni & Whaley, Robert E., 1986. "The valuation of American call options and the expected ex-dividend stock price decline," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 91-111, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fenech, Jean-Pierre & Skully, Michael & Xuguang, Han, 2014. "Franking credits and market reactions: Evidence from the Australian convertible security market," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 1-19.
- Koh, SzeKee & Durand, Robert B. & Watson, Iain, 2011. "Seize the moment: Opportunism in Australian capital markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 374-389, September.
- Aelee Jun & V. T. Alaganar & Graham Partington & Max Stevenson, 2008. "Price and Volume Behavior around the Ex-dividend Day: Evidence on the Value of Dividends from American Depositary Receipts and their Underlying Australian Stocks-super-," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 8(1-2), pages 21-55.
- Henry, Darren, 2011. "Ownership structure and tax-friendly dividends," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 2747-2760, October.
- Dai, Qinglei & Rydqvist, Kristian, 2009. "Investigation of the costly-arbitrage model of price formation around the ex-dividend day in Norway," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 582-596, September.
- repec:eee:finana:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:54-68 is not listed on IDEAS
- Clinton Feuerherdt & Stephen Gray & Jason Hall, 2010. "The Value of Imputation Tax Credits on Australian Hybrid Securities," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 10(3), pages 365-401.
- Balachandran, Balasingham & Krishnamurti, Chandrasekhar & Theobald, Michael & Vidanapathirana, Berty, 2012. "Dividend reductions, the timing of dividend payments and information content," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 1232-1247.
- Mishra, Anil V. & Ratti, Ronald A., 2013. "Home bias and cross border taxation," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 169-193.
- Andrew Ainsworth & Kingsley YL Fong & David R Gallagher & Graham Partington, 2016. "Institutional trading around the ex-dividend day," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 41(2), pages 299-323, May.
- Aelee Jun & Graham H. Partington, 2014. "Taxes, International Clienteles and the Value of ADR Dividends," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(9-10), pages 1337-1360, November.
- repec:eee:pacfin:v:46:y:2017:i:pb:p:213-226 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dai, Qinglei & Rydqvist, Kristian, 2007. "Investigation of the Costly-Arbitrage Model of Price Formation Around the Ex-Dividend Day," CEPR Discussion Papers 6074, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- von Eije, Henk & Megginson, William L., 2008. "Dividends and share repurchases in the European Union," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 347-374, August.
- Mishra, Anil V. & Ratti, Ronald A., 2014.
"Taxation of domestic dividend income and foreign investment holdings,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 218-231.
- Mishra, Anil V & Ratti, Ronald A, 2013. "Taxation of Domestic Dividend Income and Foreign Investment Holdings," MPRA Paper 50601, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lee, Bong Soo & Suh, Jungwon, 2011. "Cash holdings and share repurchases: International evidence," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 1306-1329.
- Choy, HiuLam & Gul, Ferdinand A. & Yao, Jun, 2011. "Does political economy reduce agency costs? Some evidence from dividend policies around the world," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 16-35, January.
- Fink, Christopher & Theissen, Erik, 2014. "Dividend taxation and DAX futures prices," CFR Working Papers 14-08, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Karen Alpert, 2010. "Taxation and the Early Exercise of Call Options," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(5-6), pages 715-736.
- Mishra, Anil V., 2014. "Australia's home bias and cross border taxation," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 108-123.
- H. Chu & G. Partington, 2008. "The Market Valuation of Cash Dividends: The Case of the CRA Bonus Issue-super-," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 8(1-2), pages 1-20.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:73:y:2004:i:1:p:167-197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.