A theorem on the measurement of inequality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Herbert E. Scarf, 1965. "The Core of an N Person Game," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 182R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Louis Kaplow, 2005. "Why measure inequality?," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 3(1), pages 65-79, April.
- Dean T. Jamison & J. Dexter Fletcher & Patrick Suppes, 1976. "Cost and Performance of Computer-Assisted Instruction for Education of Disadvantaged Children," NBER Chapters,in: Education as an Industry, pages 199-248 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Satya R. Chakravarty, 2009. "Equity and efficiency as components of a social welfare function," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 5(2), pages 181-199.
- Jess Benhabib & Alberto Bisin, 2006.
"The distribution of wealth and redistributive policies,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
122247000000001162, David K. Levine.
- Jess Benhabib & Alberto Bisin, 2006. "The distribution of wealth and redistributive policies," 2006 Meeting Papers 368, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ramos, Héctor M. & Sordo, Miguel A., 2003. "Dispersion measures and dispersive orderings," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 123-131, January.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Pietro Muliere & Claudio Zoli, 2005. "Inverse stochastic orders and generalized Gini functionals," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(3), pages 529-559.
- Yoram Amiel & Frank A Cowell, 1997. "Inequality, Welfare and Monotonicity," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 29, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Juan Gabriel Rodríguez, 2004.
"Measuring polarization, inequality, welfare and poverty,"
Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces
E2004/75, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Juan Gabriel Rodríguez, 2006. "Measuring Bipolarization, Inequality, Welfare and Poverty," Working Papers 39, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Brandtner, Mario & Kürsten, Wolfgang, 2017. "Consistent modeling of risk averse behavior with spectral risk measures: Wächter/Mazzoni revisited," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 259(1), pages 394-399.
- Stanislaw Heilpern, 2002. "Using Choquet integral in economics," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Luis José Imedio Olmedo & Elena Bárcena Martín, 2007. "Dos familias numerables de medidas de desigualdad," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 31(1), pages 191-217, January.
- Le Breton, Michel & Peluso, Eugenio, 2006. "Third-Degree Stochastic Dominance and the von-Neumann-Morgenstern Independence Property," IDEI Working Papers 421, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Rodríguez, Juan Gabriel & Salas, Rafael, 2014. "The Gini coefficient: Majority voting and social welfare," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 214-223.
- Sordo, Miguel A., 2009. "Comparing tail variabilities of risks by means of the excess wealth order," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 466-469, December.
- David (David Patrick) Madden, 1996. "Sources of income inequality in Ireland," Working Papers 199615, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:2:y:1970:i:3:p:264-266. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .