Measuring crime seriousness perceptions: What have we learned and what else do we want to know
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kwan, Ying Keung & Ip, Wai Cheung & Kwan, Patrick, 2000. "A crime index with Thurstone's scaling of crime severity," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 237-244.
- Hoffman, Peter B. & Hardyman, Patricia L., 1986. "Crime seriousness scales: Public perception and feedback to criminal justice policymakers," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 413-431.
- Heller, Nelson B. & McEwen, J. Thomas, 1973. "Applications of crime seriousness information in police departments," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 241-253.
- Pontell, Henry N. & Granite, Daniel & Keenan, Constance & Geis, Gilbert, 1985. "Seriousness of crimes: A survey of the nation's chiefs of police," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-13.
- Epperlein, Thomas & Nienstedt, Barbara C., 1989. "Reexamining the use of seriousness weights in an index of crime," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 343-360.
- Vogel, Brenda L., 1998. "Perceptions of crime seriousness in the african american community: exploring the presence of consensus," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 227-236, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Douhou, Salima & Magnus, Jan R. & van Soest, Arthur, 2011. "The perception of small crime," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 749-763.
- Loréa Baïada-Hirèche & Ghislaine Garmilis, 2016. "Accounting Professionals’ Ethical Judgment and the Institutional Disciplinary Context: A French–US Comparison," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 139(4), pages 639-659, December.
- Flory, Christopher M. & May, David C. & Minor, Kevin I. & Wood, Peter B., 2006. "A comparison of punishment exchange rates between offenders under supervision and their supervising officers," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 39-50.
- Douhou, S., 2012. "Essays on (small) crime : Perception, social norms, happiness, and prevention," Other publications TiSEM e1430ee4-a1db-471d-bb39-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:143:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2717-y is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcjust:v:31:y:2003:i:1:p:37-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.