Measuring crime seriousness perceptions: What have we learned and what else do we want to know
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pontell, Henry N. & Granite, Daniel & Keenan, Constance & Geis, Gilbert, 1985. "Seriousness of crimes: A survey of the nation's chiefs of police," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-13.
- Hoffman, Peter B. & Hardyman, Patricia L., 1986. "Crime seriousness scales: Public perception and feedback to criminal justice policymakers," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 413-431.
- Vogel, Brenda L., 1998. "Perceptions of crime seriousness in the african american community: exploring the presence of consensus," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 227-236, May.
- Heller, Nelson B. & McEwen, J. Thomas, 1973. "Applications of crime seriousness information in police departments," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 241-253.
- Epperlein, Thomas & Nienstedt, Barbara C., 1989. "Reexamining the use of seriousness weights in an index of crime," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 343-360.
- Kwan, Ying Keung & Ip, Wai Cheung & Kwan, Patrick, 2000. "A crime index with Thurstone's scaling of crime severity," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 237-244.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcjust:v:31:y:2003:i:1:p:37-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.