Race and sentencing: A meta-analysis of conflicting empirical research results
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Austin, Thomas L., 1981. "The influence of court location on type of criminal sentence: The rural-urban factor," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 305-316.
- Barnes, Carole Wolff & Kingsnorth, Rodney, 1996. "Race, drug, and criminal sentencing: Hidden effects of the criminal law," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 39-55.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zane, Steven N. & Welsh, Brandon C. & Drakulich, Kevin M., 2016. "Assessing the impact of race on the juvenile waiver decision: A systematic review and meta-analysis," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 106-117.
- Franklin, Cortney A. & Fearn, Noelle E., 2008. "Gender, race, and formal court decision-making outcomes: Chivalry/paternalism, conflict theory or gender conflict?," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 279-290, July.
- Helms, Ronald, 2009. "Modeling the politics of punishment: A conceptual and empirical analysis of 'law in action' in criminal sentencing," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 10-20, January.
- Buckler, Kevin & Cullen, Francis T. & Unnever, James D., 2007. "Citizen assessment of local criminal courts: Does fairness matter?," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 524-536.
- Lytle, Daniel J., 2014. "The Effects of Suspect Characteristics on Arrest: A Meta-Analysis," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 589-597.
- repec:eee:jcjust:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:90-100 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carmichael, Jason T., 2010. "Sentencing disparities for juvenile offenders sentenced to adult prisons: An individual and contextual analysis," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 747-757, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcjust:v:26:y:1998:i:6:p:513-523. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.