Does information drive trading in option strategies?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bauer, Rob & Cosemans, Mathijs & Eichholtz, Piet, 2009. "Option trading and individual investor performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 731-746, April.
- Sophie X. Ni & Jun Pan & Allen M. Poteshman, 2008. "Volatility Information Trading in the Option Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(3), pages 1059-1091, June.
- Chang, Chuang-Chang & Hsieh, Pei-Fang & Lai, Hung-Neng, 2009. "Do informed option investors predict stock returns? Evidence from the Taiwan stock exchange," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 757-764, April.
- Santa-Clara, Pedro & Saretto, Alessio, 2009.
"Option strategies: Good deals and margin calls,"
Journal of Financial Markets,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 391-417, August.
- Santa-Clara, Pedro & Saretto, Alessio, 2004. "Option Strategies: Good Deals and Margin Calls," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt0499w44p, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Bedendo, Mascia & Hodges, Stewart D., 2009. "The dynamics of the volatility skew: A Kalman filter approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1156-1165, June.
- Hemler, Michael L. & Miller, Thomas W., 1997. "Box Spread Arbitrage Profits following the 1987 Market Crash: Real or Illusory?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(01), pages 71-90, March.
- Chang, Chuang-Chang & Hsieh, Pei-Fang & Wang, Yaw-Huei, 2010. "Information content of options trading volume for future volatility: Evidence from the Taiwan options market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 174-183, January.
- Ronn, Aimee Gerbarg & Ronn, Ehud I, 1989. "The Box Spread Arbitrage Conditions: Theory, Tests, and Investment Strategies," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 2(1), pages 91-108.
- Joshua D. Coval, 2001. "Expected Option Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 983-1009, June.
- Lee, Charles M C & Ready, Mark J, 1991. " Inferring Trade Direction from Intraday Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 733-746, June.
- J. Scott Chaput & Louis H. Ederington, 2005. "Volatility trade design," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(3), pages 243-279, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- D. Matsypura & V.G. Timkovsky, 2013. "Integer programs for margining option portfolios by option spreads with more than four legs," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 51-76, February.
- Mugwagwa, Tafadzwa & Ramiah, Vikash & Naughton, Tony & Moosa, Imad, 2012. "The efficiency of the buy-write strategy: Evidence from Australia," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 305-328.
- repec:pal:assmgt:v:17:y:2016:i:6:d:10.1057_jam.2016.6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stivers, Chris & Sun, Licheng, 2013. "Returns and option activity over the option-expiration week for S&P 100 stocks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4226-4240.
- Choy, Siu Kai & Wei, Jason, 2012. "Option trading: Information or differences of opinion?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2299-2322.
More about this item
KeywordsOption strategies Option spreads Option combinations Volatility trading;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:34:y:2010:i:10:p:2370-2385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.