A contribution to event study methodology with an application to the Dutch stock market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brennan, Michael J & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1985. "Evaluating Natural Resource Investments," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(2), pages 135-157, April.
- Robert McDonald & Daniel Siegel, 1986. "The Value of Waiting to Invest," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(4), pages 707-727.
- Triantis, Alexander J & Hodder, James E, 1990. " Valuing Flexibility as a Complex Option," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 549-565, June.
- Mark D. Flood, 1990. "On the use of option pricing models to analyze deposit insurance," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 19-35.
- McDonald, Robert L & Siegel, Daniel R, 1985. "Investment and the Valuation of Firms When There Is an Option to Shut Down," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 26(2), pages 331-349, June.
- Merton, Robert C., 1977. "An analytic derivation of the cost of deposit insurance and loan guarantees An application of modern option pricing theory," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-11, June.
- Edward J. Kane, 1985. "The Gathering Crisis in Federal Deposit Insurance," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262611856, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mosebach, Michael, 1999. "Market response to banks granting lines of credit," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(11), pages 1707-1723, November.
- Brailsford, Timothy J. & Faff, Robert W., 1996. "An evaluation of volatility forecasting techniques," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 419-438, April.
- Benjamin R. Auer & Horst Rottmann, 2013.
"Is there a Friday the 13th Effect in Emerging Asian Stock Markets?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4409, CESifo Group Munich.
- Auer, Benjamin R. & Rottmann, Horst, 2013. "Is there a Friday the 13th effect in ermerging Asian stock markets?," Weidener Diskussionspapiere 35, University of Applied Sciences Amberg-Weiden (OTH).
- Auer, Benjamin R., 2016. "How does Germany's green energy policy affect electricity market volatility? An application of conditional autoregressive range models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 621-628.
- Baker, H. Kent & Rahman, Abdul & Saadi, Samir, 2008. "The day-of-the-week effect and conditional volatility: Sensitivity of error distributional assumptions," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 280-295, December.
- repec:eee:ecanpo:v:54:y:2017:i:c:p:57-73 is not listed on IDEAS
- Banerjee, Pradip & Banerjee, Prithviraj & De, Soumen & Jindra, Jan & Mukhopadhyay, Jayanta, 2014. "Acquisition pricing in India during 1995–2011: Have Indian acquirers really beaten the odds?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 14-30.
- Brooks, Robert D. & Davidson, Sinclair & Faff, Robert W., 1997.
"An examination of the effects of major political change on stock market volatility: the South African experience,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 255-275, October.
- Brooks, R & Davidson, S & Faff, R, 1997. "An Examination of the Effects of Major Political Change on Stock Market Volatility : The South African Experience," Papers 97-4, Melbourne - Centre in Finance.
- Husain, Fazal & UPPAL, Jamshed, 1999. "Stock Returns Volatility in an Emerging Market: The Pakistani Evidence," MPRA Paper 5270, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Capelle-Blancard, Gunther & Couderc, Nicolas, 2008.
"What drives the market value of firms in the defense industry,"
Review of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 14-32.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Nicolas Couderc, 2005. "What drives the market value of firms in the Defense industry ?," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques bla06037, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), revised Apr 2006.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Nicolas Couderc, 2006. "What drives the market value of firms in the Defense industry ?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00115655, HAL.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Nicolas Couderc, 2008. "What drives the market value of firms in the defense industry?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00305380, HAL.
- Michael Murg & Matthias Pachler & Alexander C. M. Zeitlberger, 2016. "The impact of analyst recommendations on stock prices in Austria (2000–2014): evidence from a small and thinly traded market," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 24(3), pages 595-616, September.
- Donders, Monique W. M. & Vorst, Ton C. F., 1996. "The impact of firm specific news on implied volatilities," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 1447-1461, November.
- Attiya Y. Javid, 2007.
"Stock Market Reaction to Catastrophic Shock: Evidence from Listed Pakistani Firms,"
2007:37, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Attiya Y. Javid, 2007. "Stock Market Reaction to Catastrophic Shock : Evidence from Listed Pakistani Firms," Finance Working Papers 22199, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:16:y:1992:i:1:p:11-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.