Profile of business and leisure travelers on low cost carriers in Europe
Low cost carriers are increasingly attracting a market segment traditionally associated with legacy airlines, the business traveler. Little, however, is known regarding the characteristics of this new demand. This study analyzes the differences between business and leisure travelers flying by low cost airlines. To do this, we surveyed a sample of tourists in Catalonia, one of Europeâ€™s most popular tourist destinations. While some differential characteristics emerge between the traveler types, still more similarities are found.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 20 (2012)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mason, Keith J., 2005. "Observations of fundamental changes in the demand for aviation services," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 19-25.
- Basar, Gözen & Bhat, Chandra, 2004. "A parameterized consideration set model for airport choice: an application to the San Francisco Bay Area," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 889-904, December.
- Mason, Keith J. & Alamdari, F., 2007. "EU network carriers, low cost carriers and consumer behaviour: A Delphi study of future trends," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 299-310.
- Neal, Zachary P. & Kassens-Noor, Eva, 2011. "The business passenger niche: Comparing legacy carriers and southwest during a national recession," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 231-232.
- Dresner, Martin, 2006. "Leisure versus business passengers: Similarities, differences, and implications," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 28-32.
- Huse, Cristian & Evangelho, Fabio, 2007. "Investigating business traveller heterogeneity: Low-cost vs full-service airline users?," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 259-268, May.
- Hess, Stephane & Polak, John W., 2005. "Mixed logit modelling of airport choice in multi-airport regions," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 59-68.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaitra:v:20:y:2012:i:c:p:12-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.